What's new

I like bags better than boxes

Fropa

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
511
Reaction score
29
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I picked-up my weekly box last week (skunk) and the teller said the main branch had a $1,000 bag from another branch they were getting ready to send out. She told them I would probably want it so don't send it out. I told her I would definitely take it. I guess the main branch was worried I'd only want part of the bag and would want them rolled. I told her to tell them I'll take the whole bag and definitely don't roll them. Well I picked the bag up today. It was bagged on the 5th of September from a branch I stopped at about 2 years ago. They had a little over $900 worth when I bought their counting machine bag last time. The teller had told me their counter rejects the pure silver ones. This bag like the last one only had 40%ers in it, but I'm not complaining. This time we found 20x1967, 23x1968-D, and 9x1969-D. By far my highest 1 day total for the year.

I told the teller to let the main branch know that I'll buy all the bag from all the branches that come in so don't send any to the armored car company.
 
Upvote 0
Nicely done there Fropa.

Your networking and persistence paid off.
 
Coin machines are fickle. I dump at 6 or 7 CU coin machines in my area and each one is different. Some reject at the smallest imperfection. Some will take mangled coins. I estimate that 80% of the 1k sacks I get have at least one 90% half in it. I also gave up on boxes a long time ago. Gl and HH!
 
Thanks. Machines all have their own settings. This is the only bank that has said their machine rejects 90%ers. I've searches a fair number of bags and like CladMaster most have had at least 1 90%er. I prefer bag to boxes if I have a choice, but always buy all they have and hope for the best.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom