I love Bodie, California, a California State Park

Jul 26, 2010
Beverly Hills, CA & Boston, MA
Detector(s) used
I don't dig but I attribute and purchase hoards or single coins/relics
Bodie was a thriving mining town until it went bust

The State of California preserved it and made it into a State Park

Very close to Yosemite National Park, near the Tioga Pass entrance to Yosemite

Bodie is off Route 395, which goes up along the Eastern side of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, heading up to Lake Tahoe

Great area if you like the outdoors

Dan

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful old town but don't even get caught taking one thing from it..or your in deep doo doo.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My father talks of going there back in the 50s before it was a park and said there were still old wagons and stuff laying all over the place.

gildeal

Sep 9, 2011
Daytona Beach florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes Bodie is a neat place, I was visiting once and seen a certain doctor in a registry with my last name, was neat to think it was a possible relative? I lived in Carson City, NV. and love the whole eastern sierra's, such great history, Kit Carson and John C Freemont went through the area in 1830's, and of course the great Joeseph Walker, and John Colter, steeped in history! it is thought that the "freemont canon" is somewhere between mono lake, and Carson valley, left behind when they where looking for a pass into the California valley. they where said to have buried it so it wouldn't fall into the hands of the Paiute's.
anyway.....sorry I could write a book about this stuff...........yes Bodie is way cool, and a must see for any history buff. and much like the day it was abandoned!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread