I love this hobby!

blai745

May 5, 2010
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
blai745 said:
nice hobby idea.. you should try scrap gold buying and you should be getting that much jewelry in just 1 week...and all of them gold :headbang:
Im sorry I meant *Indeed*

davehky

Jan 3, 2007
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 garrette pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DetectorOCD said:
WOW you're off to a great start! I just got my detector and went out for two short hunts and already I know this IS the hobby for me! You're totally right about that feeling you get when you flip the plug over. I can't wait until it warms up next year!! :headbang:
I agree with you! I also can't wait for it to get at least into to 40's.I started September and did it on weekends untill first week in December.I found mostly clad though,3 canadian pennies,1 large cent with no date or pic,but still loved the feeling of digging up these coins!Also just found a dang replica of a spanish silver dollar..argggg on that ,but i got over it..hehe still was better than finding clad all the time.35 bucks in 3 months just on weekends i guess aint to bad...loven it...HH

OP
OP
augusthog

augusthog

Aug 8, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter big bud pro
63bkpkr said:
Hey AugustHog,
Yup, it is a hobby. One gets outside, meets people, is an emissary for all detectorist(make proper plugs, fill all holes, deal with others honestly and openly), smile at the little kids, return important things when you can find the owner and give your family a nice hug when you get back and share with them your life and share theirs with them.

I've been on and off of it for many years. Back in the 70's I borrowed a fellas White 6000D that he was not using and wow what a difference to have a real detector. Found silver coins, tons of pennies, learned to find nickles and gold rings, found a gold tooth (oh how nice a pinpointer would have been for that target!!!), returned a little girls lost necklace (that was a memorable moment as it was just so good to see that little girl smile when the necklace was found) and then I've made friends on the MD sites and it gives me a place to share some of my stuff.

What brand is the shovel?

Attached is a picture of some of my prospecting finds on top of a 43 half dollar I was given.

Those beaches could be interesting, are you familiar with how to use your machine on wet or dry salty sand? Might want to ask about that before you go.

Have fun, be safe, stay happy! Have a joyus Christmas with family & friends 63bkpkr
I found this in the grass yesterday while in the park. It has a guys name and address on it so in a little bit I'll take it to his house and see if he's home. This will be my first "return" of my own.
Nice gold nuggets! :headbang:
What brand of shovel? Ummmm, it's red :dontknow:
And I've never done a salt water beach before so that will be new to me.
Well, I'm off to go play Santa, too cold to detect today and the "honey dew" list is long.
HH all

Attachments

• PB260797.JPG
    PB260797.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 629
  • PB270798.JPG
    PB270798.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 633

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Someone is going to be very pleased!!

OP
OP
augusthog

augusthog

Aug 8, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter big bud pro
Roland58 said:
He said he lost it sometime earley summer! He was very happy to see it come home! :thumbsup: So was his wife who bought it for him!

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
augusthog said:
Roland58 said:
He said he lost it sometime earley summer! He was very happy to see it come home! :thumbsup: So was his wife who bought it for him!

Wow......and it was still in the grass? That area must not get mowed! Did you get a pic of you and the guy that lost it? If so, I would like to be the first to recommend you get the "Honorable Mention" for returning the item (I think there is something set up for people doing this to get a ribbon under your profile?). Not only is that cool, it was a very good character indicator!! Great job!

Edit: I figured out how to do the Honorable Mention, not sure if they take it without some sort of proof, but, I did it anyway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions