What's new

I Luv New Dirt = Silver and some Cool Relics

cambria09

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2012
Messages
1,840
Reaction score
3,841
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All. New permission last nite after work yielded some great digs.

Got the OK to dig a 1928 small town home site and scored some nice items:
Numerous newer toy cars, a marble, misc clad and hardware, WC, a vintage pressure gauge (my 2nd of this variety), a nice silver pin, and a very cool "Talking Machine" name plate.

I think the name plate was made in Japan because I cannot find one like it on the net and it has some Japanese symbols on it...maybe rare?? I was very stoked to read it especially with the well known "HIS MASTER'S VOICE" image engraved on it.

Much more area yet to excavate...hopefully will find more postable items.

Thanks for the view and Good Luck. C9
 

Attachments

  • 1 CL19 080116 Finds.webp
    1 CL19 080116 Finds.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 179
  • 2 CL19 080116 Misc Hrdwr.webp
    2 CL19 080116 Misc Hrdwr.webp
    723.4 KB · Views: 154
  • 3 CL19 080116 Toys.webp
    3 CL19 080116 Toys.webp
    829.4 KB · Views: 165
  • 4 CL19 080116 Whatzit.webp
    4 CL19 080116 Whatzit.webp
    396 KB · Views: 166
  • 5 CL19 080116 PSI Gauge1.webp
    5 CL19 080116 PSI Gauge1.webp
    964.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 6 CL19 080116 PSI Gauge2.webp
    6 CL19 080116 PSI Gauge2.webp
    721.6 KB · Views: 165
  • 7 CL19 080116 WC.webp
    7 CL19 080116 WC.webp
    275.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 8 CL19 080116 Slvr Pin.webp
    8 CL19 080116 Slvr Pin.webp
    507.8 KB · Views: 162
  • 9 CL19 080116 Phono Name Plate.webp
    9 CL19 080116 Phono Name Plate.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 181
Upvote 41
Yep, you are correct......all about patent protection!

Good Luck finding more interesting stuff!
Iowa Dale

Hello IFT. Interesting...so we were worried about oriental knock-offs as far back as the 1920's. Thanks for the reply and Good Luck. C9
 
A day of relic discoveries is as good, if not better, as a day of coin shooting............you had a GREAT day!!
I find myself stopping, removing dirt and studying the relics.......the problem is trying to decide what to keep and what to recycle!!
 
A day of relic discoveries is as good, if not better, as a day of coin shooting............you had a GREAT day!!
I find myself stopping, removing dirt and studying the relics.......the problem is trying to decide what to keep and what to recycle!!

Hello Chizzy. Yes I agree...coins are coins but relics tell a story. Deciding what to keep is tough, I err on the side of safety which drives my wife nuts. Thanks for the reply. Good Luck. C9
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom