Ju8vP3t said:
my suspicion came true, I got back a lot of my coins, so you have to think in ordering boxes, that you've searched the same coins multiple times, dispite the fact I dump in a different bank...I'm thinking now it may be more of an advantage to go completely out of your area to buy boxes...
Allright now that you found out your getting your dumps back. you need to understand that it would not be any advantage to buy coins from futher away.
But it would be an advantage to dump futher away. I mean Far Far away. Like another district.
Meaning your going to need to know how far your Carrier / Coin distributer operates. and then dump outside of their territory.
Let me tell you how it works around my hunting ground.
I am in Southeastern Michigan. We have 2 major Distributors (Brinks and Loomis) mostly. Both have facility's' in Downtown Detroit.
Brinks mostley redistributes coin as well as Loomis but Loomis has a contract with the Fed. which also is located in the same neighborhood.
So if I want older coins I go to banks with Brinks boxes. If I am looking for new pennies Quarters and Dollars, I need to find a bank that works with Loomis.
Both of theses carriers have a distribution network that stretches out 50 miles in any direction from Detroit.
The next distribution center for both of these guys is Lansing Mi. For me that's a 2 hour drive. If I did not want to see my dumps I would need to go there. To Dump.
However Loomis also has a distribution center in Flint Mi. that's only a little over an hour for me as I am already 20 miles north of the Detroit Distribution center. But my dump banks don't operate in Flint. nor do they have a contract with Loomis.
So if I want to eliminate seeing my dumps I would need to go as far as Lansing to dump. If I had the time or money to hold my dumps and do them in one day, as I work and only work with enough cash to buy up to 4 boxes a day. it makes that option virtually impossible.
So yes we all search our own dumps over and over and over again. No avoiding it.
Unless of course you know you are close to the middle or the dividing line between districts. You'll need to do some research.
There is hope though. Because every time you dump your coins someone else is dumping a coin collection at another bank and they all get mixed together at the distributor, re wrapped and boxed and shipped back to you. And right in the same Box you might find a roll with a coin you marked and a Walking Liberty right next to it. It's a cyclicale thing.
And that is how it works.
Hope that helps. Good Luck.
Buy the way I am amazed at how fast some of the marked coins I've seen come around over and over again............. How do I know you ask?

Well they have dates written on them.
Mojo