What's new

I marveled at this marble - Rolling out my first marble post

ModernMiner

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,115
Reaction score
4,540
Golden Thread
4
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't even realize TN had a marble section until someone suggested it. :icon_scratch: I need to get out more. :wink:
I was hoping someone could tell me a bit about this large white clay (?) marble I dug a few days ago at a property that dates into the mid 1700's.
The existing house that I found it next to was built in 1830.
Any idea how old this type of marble is approx. ? ???
The orange and white one was found in another part of the yard. 1950's maybe? 60's? :icon_scratch:
Thanks for your help,
MM
 

Attachments

  • Clay marble.webp
    Clay marble.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 541
  • marble2.webp
    marble2.webp
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,317
  • Clay marble.webp
    Clay marble.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 458
  • marble2.webp
    marble2.webp
    14.8 KB · Views: 544
Looks almost like the one I found a few years back at the base of a tree.

Don't know much about them, only that they have some age to them but are considered common.

Thanks for posting it. HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom