What's new

I must be crazy or something!

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy New Year by the way. I did a hunt today 1st day of the yr looking for a piece of worked stone. Im thinking there must be something wrong with me. I looked in the creek walking in the cold water most was knee deep. Climbed in and out, almost fell in a few times, slipped on the muddy banks, got chased by 2 angry bulls, got tangled in many thorny vines, climbed rocks, and got stuck in the mud while trying my best to climb a bank to check a gravel bar on top. The worst thing is I didnt find anything but pottery! I loved every minute of it :icon_thumleft:.
 

Attachments

  • 100_4682.webp
    100_4682.webp
    184.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 100_4681.webp
    100_4681.webp
    157 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 0
I'm glad you had a good start to the year that second piece is very nice great hunt !!!!!
 
It's the thrill of the hunt, sometimes it may be to much thrill:laughing7:
 
nice finds congrats HH
 
I enjoy the hunt even if I don't find anything and you found something. In addition, you got some good exercise.
 
Happy New Year by the way. I did a hunt today 1st day of the yr looking for a piece of worked stone. Im thinking there must be something wrong with me. I looked in the creek walking in the cold water most was knee deep. Climbed in and out, almost fell in a few times, slipped on the muddy banks, got chased by 2 angry bulls, got tangled in many thorny vines, climbed rocks, and got stuck in the mud while trying my best to climb a bank to check a gravel bar on top. The worst thing is I didnt find anything but pottery! I loved every minute of it :icon_thumleft:.

I want to go artifact hunting with you!
 
......it's the simply things in life that are so wonderful....:icon_thumright:
 
Yeah Im a little sore this morning, back and arms. But it was fun and today its raining again. So the next time I go out it will be like hunting a new spot all over again.
The pottery on the left is called checked and the pottery on the right is called punched. Both are old but the one on the right is the oldest. Id have to look them up to give the actual dates. Hope everyone finds a killer on their next trip out, rock
 
Thats a nice hunk of pottery rock.Dont find them that size here.
 
ok I just got done looking the 2 pieces up they both run in the same age period which is middle woodland period. Swift Creek Indians and dates 1700-1500 BP
 
Very cool! Still haven't found any here. We went horseback riding for New Years then hit the creek for an hour or so when we got home.
 
Nice pottery!-- and it sounds like the best hunt ever- and a really good time. Maybe when all this damn snow melt, I'll try to do the same! HH Yak
 
Thanks, its cold here now. 19 this morning
 
determanation is what it takes rock,keep it up man.
 
OK to react on impulses during good weather! The effect is minimal unless you find NEW artifacts. Good Luck Searching! Nice pottery!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom