What's new

I need help getting a ID on this..Token???

BEACH-HUNTER

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2007
Messages
411
Reaction score
144
Golden Thread
0
Location
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I found this in a old apple orchard in Tewksbury, MA....also got a 1916 barber dime there....had some great hunts today :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • HPIM0160 (Large).webp
    HPIM0160 (Large).webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 599
  • HPIM0161 (Large).webp
    HPIM0161 (Large).webp
    37 KB · Views: 587
the correct letters on the token would be great... can you do a pencil rubbing of it or tell us what you read there?
 
Upvote 0
HERE'S WHAT I CAN READ

THESE ARE THE LETTERS (THONEECRE) (ROSSBACH)
 

Attachments

  • HPIM0160 (Large).webp
    HPIM0160 (Large).webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 578
  • HPIM0161 (Large).webp
    HPIM0161 (Large).webp
    37 KB · Views: 575
  • HPIM0160 (Large).webp
    HPIM0160 (Large).webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 563
  • HPIM0161 (Large).webp
    HPIM0161 (Large).webp
    37 KB · Views: 553
Upvote 0
Re: HERE'S WHAT I CAN READ

BEACH-HUNTER said:
THESE ARE THE LETTERS (THONEECRE) (ROSSBACH)
I don't see a "N" but a "R". I get >>> thoreecre rossbach
Searching together I get nothing but if you search separate they are both good last names (DUTCH). Maybe this will help somebody.
La Beep
 
Upvote 0
Re: HERE'S WHAT I CAN READ

BEACH-HUNTER said:
THESE ARE THE LETTERS (THONEECRE) (ROSSBACH)
It sure doesnt look like two E's to me, but you have the coin. I see a Z.
 
Upvote 0
I WILL TAKE SOME BETTER PHOTOS THURSDAY

bigcypresshunter said:
BEACH-HUNTER said:
THESE ARE THE LETTERS (THONEECRE) (ROSSBACH)
It sure doesnt look like two E's to me, but you have the coin. I see a Z. I WILL WORK ON A BETTER PHOTO TRY TO GET BETTER DETAIL....BUT YOU'LL HAVE TO WAIT TILL THURSDAY...I GOT TO WORK A DOUBLE SHIFT WEDNESDAY.
 
Upvote 0
Maybe its just me, but it looks like ZE.
 

Attachments

  • coin ZE sharpen.webp
    coin ZE sharpen.webp
    13 KB · Views: 513
Upvote 0
MY EYES HURT!!

bigcypresshunter said:
Maybe its just me, but it looks like ZE. I CAN'T SEE STRAIGHT NOW I HAVE BEEN STRAINING ON THIS THING!! I WILL TRY THE PENCIL RUB TOO!! I'LL BE BACK!! THANKS FOR THE ASSISTANCE!!
 
Upvote 0
BUMP

When I saw this item, I was curious what it was, but its seems to never have been identified. Any ideas guys?
 
Upvote 0
Another OLD POST Bump!

Any ideas from the new members?
 
Upvote 0
Is it magnetic? If so, It may be a World War I German coin. Towards the end of the war, coins would be made of iron- I'd try that route

HH
-GC
 
Upvote 0
Yea it seems to be close to the German 20 Pfennig in style. :thumbsup: There war tokens seem close as well even more so.Maybe railway or store token also. :icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • germany1888E20pfennig[1].webp
    germany1888E20pfennig[1].webp
    69.7 KB · Views: 259
  • 1920%20a[1].webp
    1920%20a[1].webp
    50.5 KB · Views: 236
Upvote 0
I found this but I can't seem to get a pic of the item -

http://kleinanzeigen.quoka.de/sammlungen-seltenes/muenzen/v_1_cat_39_3720_ad_18746605.html

Hessen/Nassau 20 Pfennig Roßbach -- Thonzeche -- max 150 Exemplare! ohne Jahr muenzen
Roßbach -- Hessen/Nassau Thonzeche Guter-Trunk-Marie" -- Auflage max 150 Exemplare Zink -- 20 Pfennig ohne Jahr Kein Mindestbestellwert!! -- Bitte beachten Sie unsere AGB! Infos zu Portokosten sowie G

Preis: 229,00 EUR FP


Standort: D- Bocholt

I think it has something to do with the mining industry?
 
Upvote 0
Here's another reference - I think the book title translates to something like "German Emergency Money"

259zo8o.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Bramblefind said:
I found this but I can't seem to get a pic of the item -

20 Pfennig Roßbach -- Thonzeche --
Thats it! I remember something about that German double S. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
German Hyperinflation coin. Cool find! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom