I need some help with my Jw Fishers pulse 8

MikeDahms

Jun 25, 2008
Jacksonville, NC
This is the old model with a round housing i bought new in the 80's. I need to make a battery pack for it. I have misplaced the one that came with it. It has been in storage for almost 20 years and I believe it will work if I can make the battery pack. The pack is constructed of I think 5 or 6 C cells and directly wired together with solder I can make it if I can get a wire diagram from someone. A replacement battery pack from JW Fishers cost $75 plus shipping. I know I can beat that price if I can get someone to help me. Thank and best to all, Mike.

Upvote 0
MikeDahms said:
This is the old model with a round housing i bought new in the 80's. I need to make a battery pack for it. I have misplaced the one that came with it. It has been in storage for almost 20 years and I believe it will work if I can make the battery pack. The pack is constructed of I think 5 or 6 C cells and directly wired together with solder I can make it if I can get a wire diagram from someone. A replacement battery pack from JW Fishers cost $75 plus shipping. I know I can beat that price if I can get someone to help me. Thank and best to all, Mike.

If you are handy with a soldering iron, the cheapest way to replace battery packs is to find an inexpensive battery supply store, get replacement cells of the same size (perhaps upgrade the type, go from ni-cd to ni-mh) with solder tabs, and build one. I use TNR Technical:

http://www.batterystore.com/

First thank you for your input. I had already posted a request on the how to manufacture the battery pack and got some great informantion. I can do the manufacturing of the battery pack but since I've lost the original battery pack I don't know the how it was wired together. I don't know the voltage output needed to run the detector which would also tell me how to wire the batteries together. I will email JW Fishers and see if they will give me the info but I don't have high hopes. Mike.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back