Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to the Wetlands this morning. After last week's heavy rain, the dried up areas had water again. I saw an abundance of small birds and even one small raptor of some sorts. I got to the end of the path that runs along the old canal and to my left I see a guy pacing and talking on a cell phone. I step out onto the path and see his female companion just lowering herself to a squat, pants around her knees:laughing7:. Doing the gentlemanly thing, I turned right and heard a squeal as she saw me. I do not know if it was from embarrassment or horror when she saw the 170-500mm lens on my camera( they are impressive in size and I could probably have counted her freckles if I had wanted:tongue3: ). I took maybe 10 steps and saw this doe in the little marsh where I saw a doe and high racked buck a few weeks ago

K1600_Deer.JPG

With the woman at my back, I stood there to take a few pics and also embarrass her even more:tongue3:. I could hear the gravel under her feet as she retreated, so I ventured on along the path and when I got to the river, I saw a bird in the middle on a limb sticking out of the water. When a boater came by, the bird flew right toward me and landed on a branch below me at the water's edge. This is probably my closest Kingfisher pic I have ever managed. It couldn't see me for the thick cover.

K1600_Kingfisher 2.JPG K1600_Kingfisher.JPG

If the nature lady is reading this, I promise I only saw the outside of your leg and the profile of a butt:laughing7:.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So true, you don't know what you'll find when you go looking and so often it's a wonderful surprise. How nice you got a good capture of the Kingfisher:icon_thumright:. I'm getting collection myself of the various birds found in my home area, but still working on the Kingfisher that moves up and down the creek that runs through here. Last night I heard some Sandhill Cranes flying overhead, so now they're back in the area and hopefully I'll get a decent shot of them this season.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pics OD! :thumbsup:

I went outside last night as the driveway alarm sounded off a little before dusk. Took the camera. Was thrilled to see a young 4-point buck coming into the yard. Tried snapping a pic, but then switched to video mode. I'll try to take a snapshot or two from the video later to post. Usually we only see does and bambi's on our place. This was a nice treat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread