What's new

I overpaid i think

rickertmork

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2024
Messages
371
Reaction score
741
Golden Thread
0
I paid around 400 for a roll of these from some magazine around 6 years ago. All are after 1964. They claimed it was about uncirculated. They appear like some of the ones on ngc in ms to my untrained eye.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5991.webp
    IMG_5991.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 170
  • IMG_5990.webp
    IMG_5990.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_5989.webp
    IMG_5989.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_5988.webp
    IMG_5988.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 117
Upvote 5
I still thi9nk in general they would all be the same date or at least should be
You're missing the point...but whatever, it's apparent you're not a "coin person".

 
The add in the magazine said that some of these coins could be worth hundreds or even thousands. Making it seem like the 400$ isn’t a big deal. I could have bought some gold.
 
Here you go MR KNOW IT ALL
"These rolls are all composed of the same date and same mint coins. The coins are designed for circulation, but have not been circulated yet. Uncirculated means that a coin is still fresh from being made and has yet to be used in everyday commerce to buy things"
 
Here you go MR KNOW IT ALL
"These rolls are all composed of the same date and same mint coins. The coins are designed for circulation, but have not been circulated yet. Uncirculated means that a coin is still fresh from being made and has yet to be used in everyday commerce to buy things"
Yes, I explained that in my last reply...BUT again we're not talking about...."Uncirculated" coins, this is about the term and condition of "About Uncirculated" coins which are coins that have been circulated, have very little wear and in this case put back into rolls and thusly wouldn't all be the same date.
 
I finally see it. I have been trying to read with out my glasses. I was not (as you can tell ) seeing the ABOUT !!!
 
I’d take “BU roll from a magazine” with a grain of salt. I’ve bought similar stuff before and it’s usually just nice-looking circulated coins, not true MS like NGC slabs.
 
Here you go MR KNOW IT ALL
"These rolls are all composed of the same date and same mint coins. The coins are designed for circulation, but have not been circulated yet. Uncirculated means that a coin is still fresh from being made and has yet to be used in everyday commerce to buy things"
It does look
Like look like some coins are in excellent condition. But I
Am no expert in grading, should I post detailed pics?
 
It does look
Like look like some coins are in excellent condition. But I
Am no expert in grading, should I post detailed pics?
Rick I was not paying attention close enough to what was being said.. He was SPOT ON . The key word was ABOUT .If he was close to me i would take him out and buy him a Beer or what ever he drank. I believe the word about was just an out for the seller to lie to the buyer
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom