What's new

I Slipped Up

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Went to dump today. I make it a point never to look at bags when they are changed at banks that won't sell me the bags or cherry pick from them.
Today I filled a $1000.00 Half dollar bag after about $265.00. An elderly lady changed the bag and I offered to help her,so inadvertantly I caught a glance of the bag in the process.
IT WAS FILLED WITH SILVER!!!! Walkers,Bens,64's. Could have been some 40%,but I didn't see any.
I begged to buy the bag.I grovelled like a dog. I'd of let that senior citizen swing from my dreamsicle.
All I got,as expected, was the big no.
Oh well :dontknow:
HH
Rich
 
Upvote 0
I'd of let that senior citizen swing from my dreamsicle.

Too funny!


Feeding the system my friend. Sucks you couldnt get them but I am sure they will cycle back around.
 
Ooh! Rich, That's a killer. Happened to me last month in NJ while visiting family.
Although I didn't actually see the bag, but when I entered the bank and asked for halves,
the head teller told me I was one week too late. She said that she just shipped out a full bag
and there were many old half dollars in it. She was an older lady and knew the walkers
and Bens. She said people had been putting their old coins in the machine for over three
months. Ugh. I missed out too! She told me she would hold them for me next time. I
really hope so.
rileyboy
 
I don't have to feel that pain because the coin machine rejects Silver and foreign coins!!! :laughing7: :laughing7:
 
I am sorry. That really blows. I would be physically ill right about now I think.
I don't understand why they wouldn't do it. It seems like a pretty simple and straightforward process to me.
Maybe you could offer them like fifty bucks or something to "bend the rules" lol.
 
with all the silver that those granny tellers are stacking up --they can hire all the "male dancers" they want --- LOL
 
Rich hang tight those will come back to you in boxes soon.

Keep looking my friend and gl
hh
dan
 
learn to really slip up. stick your hand in the bag and go i got one. heres mine for this, even swap :icon_thumright:. hopefully they get a good laugh and then help you get some more...
 
don't feel bad Rich. i have yet to find a bank around here (Philly) that will sell bags off the machines. don't know why :icon_scratch: i can buy them in other states. seems like a Pa. thing.
 
In that case.. order boxes like mad but I'm guessing you already order a lot of boxes as it is.
 
Ive had people insist on turning an entire coin collection into the bank for cash and they refused to allow me to pay them more for their silver. I followed them into the bank and begged the teller to sell me the silver but they just smiled and pushed all the coins into a bucket.

I'm sure the bucket went home with her.

I'm not talking a small collection either. They had literally a 5 gallon bucket three fourths full of silver, so heavy they had to use hand trucks to move it, and it took the teller almost an hour to count it all.

I begged the clown to sell the silver to me and offered him twice face value for it but he refused and demanded face value from the bank.

Normally I don't curse complete strangers but I followed the guy out and called him every name in the book to his face...
 
placerman said:
Ive had people insist on turning an entire coin collection into the bank for cash and they refused to allow me to pay them more for their silver. I followed them into the bank and begged the teller to sell me the silver but they just smiled and pushed all the coins into a bucket.

I'm sure the bucket went home with her.

I'm not talking a small collection either. They had literally a 5 gallon bucket three fourths full of silver, so heavy they had to use hand trucks to move it, and it took the teller almost an hour to count it all.

I begged the clown to sell the silver to me and offered him twice face value for it but he refused and demanded face value from the bank.

Normally I don't curse complete strangers but I followed the guy out and called him every name in the book to his face...

Unbelievable, but I am sure he was overwhelmed by your come ons.
 
placerman said:
Ive had people insist on turning an entire coin collection into the bank for cash and they refused to allow me to pay them more for their silver. I followed them into the bank and begged the teller to sell me the silver but they just smiled and pushed all the coins into a bucket.

I'm sure the bucket went home with her.

I'm not talking a small collection either. They had literally a 5 gallon bucket three fourths full of silver, so heavy they had to use hand trucks to move it, and it took the teller almost an hour to count it all.

I begged the clown to sell the silver to me and offered him twice face value for it but he refused and demanded face value from the bank.

Normally I don't curse complete strangers but I followed the guy out and called him every name in the book to his face...

That is crazy. What kind of dumbass takes less money for something?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom