I STILL USE AN ORIGINAL GARRETT SEAHUNTER P.I....................

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
....................with a custom-made 10 inch coil!! I have found a lot of gold rings and other jewelry items with it over the years!!.................It has been repaired many times but as long as it keeps on ticking it is my preference for the shallow surf at the beach!..............Tone is very smooth and it is very sensitive to deep and small targets!!......................Joe

I know more than one old surf hunter that wish they still had the old Garrett.

The longer you keep a machine and the more you use it, the more you understand what it is telling you, so the more good finds you get. So....show us some of your finds..... :icon_sunny:

.....I have been Surf Hunting at least since 1984 using a Garrett SeaHunter Pulse......before that I used various land detectors in very shallow surf..........over the years I accumulated an XL500 Pulse and an XL200 Pulse plus a lot of accessories......I ordered a custom built 10 inch coil about 1988.....it is probably my favorite accessory........over the years I cracked both cases on the Sea Hunters......they are very hard to repair and to replace since Garrett does not stock them anymore.....I was able to fix(?) the XL500 with Gorilla Glue......the case for the XL200 was unrepairable ....over time I sold the broken XL200........I never hunted the deep surf again ....mainly for fear of sprouting a leak......and knowing that a replacement may be hard in coming!!..............Well I surf EBAY a lot and recently I found a replacement case for the SeaHunter for a "BUY IT NOW" price......it has already arrived and it is in good shape........I also found a Complete SeaHunter .....it just needs a new rechargeable battery system.............I plan on camping out at the beach later this winter season and will do some shallow water hunting.......I may even get a wet suit................Joe

......OH YEA.......HERE ARE SOME OF MY FINDS.......I have a lot more this is just what I have left lying around the house......the most valuable are in my Safe Deposit Box...............JOE

Attachments

• PAN OF GOLD.JPG
    PAN OF GOLD.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 902
I like that ..Joe .. really good finds.......... A lot of Gold.................. :icon_thumleft:

Those finds are just simply stunning! :headbang: I know how hard one has to work to get a pile like that! :notworthy: Great job Joe

....I have so many 1000's of hours logged into My XL500 that I can hear whispers even when I am moving faster than normal mainly cause I am fatique and heading back to my truck for water and/or food......many times I have heard sounds that someone else may have contributed to ground conditions.....and found either pockets of coins or a decent size ring down deep......sometimes the targets are so deep that it takes me using my SS Scoop 5 or 6 scoops to find the target!!......Gold has a distinctive "Clink" in my scoop.....at night time not using any (flash)lights I can tell if the object found is Gold due to this sound...........HH,.........Joe

Joe(TX) said:
....I have so many 1000's of hours logged into My XL500 that I can hear whispers even when I am moving faster than normal mainly cause I am fatique and heading back to my truck for water and/or food......many times I have heard sounds that someone else may have contributed to ground conditions.....and found either pockets of coins or a decent size ring down deep......sometimes the targets are so deep that it takes me using my SS Scoop 5 or 6 scoops to find the target!!......Gold has a distinctive "Clink" in my scoop.....at night time not using any (flash)lights I can tell if the object found is Gold due to this sound...........HH,.........Joe
Now Joe, that is what comes from experience. WTG :headbang:

scubadave said:
Joe, where did you get the custom coil made? I need one for a spare XL500 I have.
.....Dave...I had it custom built in 1988 or so...do not think that any have been built in years......You can call Billy Kastleman of Alexander Enterprizes of South Houston at 713-946-6399....he is the one who built them.....maybe he has a spare some where............HH.....Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back