I Swear this was my last hunt...(1859 Seated love token, 38mm flat button + LC)

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Famous last words I suppose. I've been studying and indoors for two weeks and I needed a break. So j grabbed the detector and headed out to a spot I have on the property of an old folks home. I haven't been there all season since a few old timers had complained, but I figured the cold weather kept them inside.

This property abuts "colonial parking lot" and has the site where the actual house stood. I never found the foundation until today while digging a copper clock face. Low and behold in the hole 18" down were foundation stones. It was 75' from where I approximated the foundation to be...

So I grid and everything is deep. I dig a chirp and 14" down was a love token ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453125351.058130.jpg no in-situ, sorry. It's my first love token and quite a nice one.

Then I dig a merc and the next signal is an LC at 8" ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453125432.591462.jpg

Anyway, I dig a couple buckles and an few Indians but didn't take pictures. I wasn't planning on posting so now I'm at work with only a few pics. I'll add more when I get home if anyone is interested.

The flat button is 38mm!

The LC looks like holy hell. Dry cleaning took detail off and I opted for peroxide. You can't win 'em all;) ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453125578.646550.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453125594.970645.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453125613.032205.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453125533.675741.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453125717.447094.jpg

Overall it was a good hunt. Everything is wicked deep since dirt was pushed atop the foundation but I'm sure I'll pick a few more out come spring.

Enjoy!

Steve

Upvote 48

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That love token is awesome it has a lot of love put into it. You are still number 1 hunter in my book. What was the weather like that day?

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Steve, and a cool love token.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't feel bad. I did the same thing with my toasted half cent from two hunts ago. It was already s"crappy", so I just had some fun with it. I managed a date of about 1840, b4 it went south. :dontknow: Still, once they're that bad off, best just to stop trying to make it better, eh? ;)

Congrats on making one more trip. I only got as far as my door. LOL

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Outstanding Steve! Was that thing made into a ring or earring? Very cool! I may finally believe that was your last hunt with snow-mageddon headed your way late this week.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet love token those personal finds really get me all hot and bothered......

~Blaze~

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds and love token but I swear this won't be your last hunt! Haha

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man Steve that is awesome. My buddy was talking at breakfast this morning and discussed that we both had Love Token on our want list. Thanks for sharing

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it's a Sin But......

I know exactly where that spot is located... I heard that a guy found a FE there. You are lucky it is 600 miles from my house!

Congrats on a killer love token. Wow and wow. You never cease to amaze!

I'm Dying with ENVY, Over Scrappy & that "Vino" and their seamlessly never ending Old Sites that Produce AWESOME Relics almost everytime out.:laughing7:

For Real Scrap, That Love Token is Bad Arse. & as for the LC You get what you get.

Now try to stay home & enjoy the Mental Break after the Real Holyday's Have now passed.
But
If you are like me , they could not keep me in knowing such nice relics still abound.
:thumbsup:
Davers

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Someone really invested a lot of work and time in that one. That has to be the most unique one I ever saw.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Incredible finds... The dime is just awesome.

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
If it weren't silver you wouldn't be seeing it either.:laughing7:
Very true. The earring hoop I believe was added at later date but I have no way to prove that. It just looks newer.
inspiring post...well done !!!
Thanks. I need inspiration to study not hunt lol
Awesome digs Scrappy, that sure is a unique love token. :occasion14: I can't wait until your next post this coming weekend.
Good thing there's a snow storm coming or I may just have been tempted!
nice saves! is that seated an earring?
Yes. Thanks for looking
Me likes that :thumbsup:
Sweet, I'm glad you likey.

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice love token - these are a joy to find - real 1 offs

They are absolutely fascinating, especially being my first one. I started looking online and was intrigued - each one is unique like you said. One of my favorite finds

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow,, that Love Token has a nice attachments to it.
You could slip a chain through it and wear it around your neck
Or perhaps,, pin it through a button hole and wear it as a brooch. Would it be too heavy to wear.as a Pierced Earring?
Congrats on all of your finds.
It has an earring mount so I'm betting it was either an earring or pendant. When found the clasp was closed, which makes me think it was worn as a pendant.
Beautiful Love token! Congrats!
Hey thanks man, happy hunting
Very nice finds, great job on locating the foundation.
Pure luck there. I keep meaning to get a Privy Probe - if I had one I may have found it months ago;)
Better work thar foundation fast. Those old folks saw you thru the window and you couldn't hear m yelling! Lol! Nice finds! Congrats
I didn't even see one geezer. They probably all watched from their windows, put their teeth in, and called security, just to find out I have permission. Lol
Congrats on your first love token Steve. Thats a nice one.
Thanks. I can't stop looking at it!!
Love the love token! Keep on digging 'til everything freezes up solid!

I believe that happened today. Sigh...

Thanks for looking
Steve

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Groovy love token! It's old, and the engraving is pretty cool. Prairie pioneers mustn't have really been in love, because I figure I would have found one by now.

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a beautiful one! Congrats!
Since it is an earring...hmmm, maybe the rare find of it's mate is waiting for you. :):thumbup:
I thought about that matching earring and absolutely hammered the area. No luck
That love token is awesome it has a lot of love put into it. You are still number 1 hunter in my book. What was the weather like that day?
Hey thanks for looking and ain't it amazing the work put into one of these?
Nice finds Steve, and a cool love token.
Thanks Steve. I was digging all signals and thank goodness for that - it showed up as bouncy trash. I think it was the earring backing that threw things off.
Don't feel bad. I did the same thing with my toasted half cent from two hunts ago. It was already s"crappy", so I just had some fun with it. I managed a date of about 1840, b4 it went south. :dontknow: Still, once they're that bad off, best just to stop trying to make it better, eh? ;)

Congrats on making one more trip. I only got as far as my door. LOL
Yes you're right about the cleaning. Sometimes you don't know what you have until you start and by then it may be too late. I don't worry though...I have about 3 dozen;)
Gorgeous love token!!! :icon_thumright:
Thanks for looking brother!

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Outstanding Steve! Was that thing made into a ring or earring? Very cool! I may finally believe that was your last hunt with snow-mageddon headed your way late this week.
Thx Bill. It's an earring but I think the mounting came later. SnowFest 2016 looks eminent and the ground is frozen so Goodnight Irene! Lol
Sweet love token those personal finds really get me all hot and bothered......

~Blaze~
Personal finds and touches make things more human and are my favorite as well. Thanks for looking Blaze
Man Steve that is awesome. My buddy was talking at breakfast this morning and discussed that we both had Love Token on our want list. Thanks for sharing
It wasn't on my list because I never thought I'd find one. Just like that GW. These were both on my double-secret list
Awesome finds and love token but I swear this won't be your last hunt! Haha
Stick a fork in me because I'm done!!lol
I'm Dying with ENVY, Over Scrappy & that "Vino" and their seamlessly never ending Old Sites that Produce AWESOME Relics almost everytime out.:laughing7:

For Real Scrap, That Love Token is Bad Arse. & as for the LC You get what you get.

Now try to stay home & enjoy the Mental Break after the Real Holyday's Have now passed.
But
If you are like me , they could not keep me in knowing such nice relics still abound.
:thumbsup:
Davers

Haha, yep Vino and I have our moments along with many others. My favorite show is the Canadian clan in the Fall. Man those guys find some great stuff. Another favorite is the Virginia variety hour with Bill, Dan and the gang.

Cheers!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread