I Swear this was my last hunt...(1859 Seated love token, 38mm flat button + LC)

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Famous last words I suppose. I've been studying and indoors for two weeks and I needed a break. So j grabbed the detector and headed out to a spot I have on the property of an old folks home. I haven't been there all season since a few old timers had complained, but I figured the cold weather kept them inside.

This property abuts "colonial parking lot" and has the site where the actual house stood. I never found the foundation until today while digging a copper clock face. Low and behold in the hole 18" down were foundation stones. It was 75' from where I approximated the foundation to be...

So I grid and everything is deep. I dig a chirp and 14" down was a love token ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453125351.058130.jpg no in-situ, sorry. It's my first love token and quite a nice one.

Then I dig a merc and the next signal is an LC at 8" ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453125432.591462.jpg

Anyway, I dig a couple buckles and an few Indians but didn't take pictures. I wasn't planning on posting so now I'm at work with only a few pics. I'll add more when I get home if anyone is interested.

The flat button is 38mm!

The LC looks like holy hell. Dry cleaning took detail off and I opted for peroxide. You can't win 'em all;) ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453125578.646550.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453125594.970645.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453125613.032205.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453125533.675741.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1453125717.447094.jpg

Overall it was a good hunt. Everything is wicked deep since dirt was pushed atop the foundation but I'm sure I'll pick a few more out come spring.

Enjoy!

Steve

Upvote 48

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never leave stage 2!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz! That love token is beautiful!

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt! That love token is a beauty and a killer find! Gotta be a lot more there now that you've zeroed in on the homesite. Good luck!

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice finds congrats
Hey thanks. With the ground frozen now I just stare at them....
Someone really invested a lot of work and time in that one. That has to be the most unique one I ever saw.
I was reading about tokens and how much they vary. This one apparently has a little more detail than most from what I gather.
Incredible finds... The dime is just awesome.
Thanks Dave. They ain't no dollar coins though;)
Groovy love token! It's old, and the engraving is pretty cool. Prairie pioneers mustn't have really been in love, because I figure I would have found one by now.
Haha, yep. I said to my wife that a bloke must have been really in love to carve that token. My wife then asked if I would have carved one for her - and I said hell no!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even tho I envy you , yr a Darn fine guy to take the time to answer all those posts.
&
Your right those Canadian guys did some NICE Stuff & the VA Guy's They Got it going on!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty sweet steve, good job on that love token on your supposed "last" hunt lol

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
SCRAP THATS A HECK OF A FIND . I WENT DIGGING TODAY TO FIND THE SHOVEL TO DIG OUT WITH .WAY THEY ARE TALKING MIGHT BE APRIL BEFORE WE SEE THE GROUND AGAIN.

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The weather here went from bad to worse. No detecting for me anytime soon. I think I'm about at stage 4 now...
View attachment 1262606
...but I don't think I'll ever make to stage 5! lol
ummmm. Oh Christ. I can't get even to stage two. I'm f'd! Lol.
I never leave stage 2!
Oy. I think we all is detector(ists) are f'd Ms beep. Pardon my French
Congratz! That love token is beautiful!
That am CC. Yee haaaaa!
Great hunt! That love token is a beauty and a killer find! Gotta be a lot more there now that you've zeroed in on the homesite. Good luck!
Won't know until spring. But it's all so deep so we shall see. Thanks for looking!

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a sweet love token, first one I have seen with a complete attachment like that. I believe there is a Love Token post you could add yours to it on Best Finds? Hmmmn, I looked for such a posting and could not find it, thought there was a post started by someone asking for everyone to show their love tokens...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Even tho I envy you , yr a Darn fine guy to take the time to answer all those posts.
&
Your right those Canadian guys did some NICE Stuff & the VA Guy's They Got it going on!
Oh now you got me blushing. Lol. The t-net family is a good one. Like a bunch of siblings trying to make one another jealous! Lol
That's pretty sweet steve, good job on that love token on your supposed "last" hunt lol
Thanks Chris. Now let me be clear: last hunt until my next hunt, which may or may not be in April.
SCRAP THATS A HECK OF A FIND . I WENT DIGGING TODAY TO FIND THE SHOVEL TO DIG OUT WITH .WAY THEY ARE TALKING MIGHT BE APRIL BEFORE WE SEE THE GROUND AGAIN.
Thanks for looking. I'm ready for the dig out here but I think the most snow is going to be down by you Donnie. Yikes!!!

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an amazing find! Too bad on the LC but it happens.

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a sweet love token, first one I have seen with a complete attachment like that. I believe there is a Love Token post you could add yours to it on Best Finds? Hmmmn, I looked for such a posting and could not find it, thought there was a post started by someone asking for everyone to show their love tokens...
Thanks Don. I'm wondering if that earring attachment is s newer than the token or all done at once. I guess I'll never know...
That's an amazing find! Too bad on the LC but it happens.
Yep, skanky coppers happen but every once in a while one pops out real nice. I don't mind lying my dues now for when a capped or flowing hair pop out. Thx for looking
Wow very cool love token..
Thanks bud. I'm sitting here watch the snow fall and know the show is over until spring. Have about 8" in Northern Jersey

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Really nice love token, hope you get a few more "last hunts" in.

Hey Man thanks man. I'm sitting in my den staring at the snow mountains in my back yard and long for a hunt. Perhaps there will be a gap sooner than later for a last hunt:)

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, Scrappy. But, I like to think it gives a break for the "next" hunt, not the "last". ;)

Vonclemen29

Apr 15, 2013
Central mississippi
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter commando, minelab xterra 505 9", 6" coil, minelab pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice token, and great detail too! Congrats!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
That love token is fantastic. Gonna be a good yr for you man

HH Jer

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a brief resbit. Then you'll be refreshed and ready to go when the snows gone and the ground is thawed, then...look out Scrappy's on the loose!!!

....auto correct needs to give it a rest!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread