What's new

I think I covered my field as well as I can on this years plow

jmaschal

Sr. Member
Joined
May 29, 2015
Messages
491
Reaction score
690
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Been fortunate to have a pretty decent field to hunt but between me and follow members BSIT and Brett I think it’s been well covered this year. Managed to find two brokes. The notched one would have been beautiful. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1528047002.558286.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1528047012.755251.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1528047025.907555.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1528047037.091704.webp
 
Upvote 0
Had to have been a skilled knapper to make the notched one. Nice finds.
 
Those are some nice finds. Congrats
 
I’m in denial that it’s done! I need to go back already.
 
Very nicely made eared point for quartz. That point was still there, I'll bet there is a few more still showing.
 
Wow, That is nice. Its been a couple of yeas since I found an Arrow head. Quartz.. Sweet!!
 
That corner notch is still quite nice! Congrats on a good run, hopefully they deep plow for you all in the fall.
 
Nice looking Quartz point.
 
All it takes is one rain...I'd never count a field out....just have to slow down and concentrate more...mjm
 
All it takes is one rain...I'd never count a field out....just have to slow down and concentrate more...mjm

Amen!!

Most soils will wash of stones than are just beneath the surface with a good hard rain.
 
The thing is the field has had about 8 inches of rain on it last three weeks... not much more to be eroded away... but I am sure I will still check.
 
The thing is the field has had about 8 inches of rain on it last three weeks... not much more to be eroded away... but I am sure I will still check.

Truth is, we haven’t really checked hard after all this pounding rain. I feel like maybe we have one more chance haha
 
Wow! 8 inches would be a heck of a wash, almost to good.
 
Truth is, we haven’t really checked hard after all this pounding rain. I feel like maybe we have one more chance haha

??? Hope your kidding she is flat as can be- but I am sure she’ll get another visit.
 
@quito been non stop in Maryland. Quite a few of slop filled adventures. This weekend it was windy and dried the fields nicely. Wish I had more permission because it is def prime picking for goodies.
 
??? Hope your kidding she is flat as can be- but I am sure she’ll get another visit.

I mean since the past 2 days of rain, It definitely could have released more good stuff. You still found one on a heavily picked section. I’d go again and be hopeful lol.
 
Maybe I was wrong ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1528334796.602776.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1528334813.343945.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1528334823.825608.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1528334834.627386.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1528334845.379425.webp



Love the banded rhyolite- streaks are pinkish. So the field still yields.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom