What's new

I Think I Found Hugh Hefners Long Lost Ring...Bunnies, Unicorns, a Wheatie & More...

Garrett424

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2014
Messages
3,167
Reaction score
2,284
Golden Thread
0
Location
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I Think I Found Hugh Hefner's Long Lost Ring...Bunnies, Unicorns, a Wheatie & More...

I had an interesting hunt today. I went back to the field that's been giving up a few good things lately.
I spent the first hour digging mostly trash; primarily pull tabs. There are thousands of them. I'm trying to get this place cleaned out so I can search for low lying treasure.

So I moved to another area and started swinging and digging more trash, a few nickels and other clad. I got a really bouncy hit and dug up this little guy.....

Hugh Hefners Long Lost Honker Ring Oct. 25 2015 003.webp

It's a junk unicorn charm but it's in fairly good shape. I think it may even be made of lead. It's really soft and bends easily. Maybe it's old.

Then I got a nice high hit and dug this.....

Hugh Hefners Long Lost Honker Ring Oct. 25 2015 004.webp

...... a 1921 Wheatie. It's the oldest coin I ever dug at this spot. My little hunting buddy still holds the record with the 1895 V Nick' she dug last week.

Then I decided to hit a very overgrown area I haven't hit too hard. Now that the weeds are all dying I can get back there a bit farther.
I got a massive high hit; a solid 84. I almost didn't dig it because I figured it was probably another aluminum can. I've probably pulled 100 of them from this place. I raised my coil over a foot and it was still screaming. But, the eyes are the only true discrimination so I dug it anyway..........

Hugh Hefners Long Lost Honker Ring Oct. 25 2015 001.webp Hugh Hefners Long Lost Honker Ring Oct. 25 2015 002.webp

...and I'm glad I did.

This is the heaviest silver I've ever dug and ring # 49. It cleaned up real nice.

I also posted yesterday about a miniature sword hilt I wasn't able to post a picture of.
Here it is.....

Hugh Hefners Long Lost Honker Ring Oct. 25 2015 005.webp

I hunted around for the rest of it but had no luck.

I thought it was brass but it didn't clean up very well. It's toastier than I thought.
It's also a bit strange because it's too small to be part of a real weapon yet too big for the average action figure. So, I have no clue what this size sword would be used for.

If anyone has any clue I'm all ears.

But overall, a pretty good little hunt.

Hugh Hefners Long Lost Honker Ring Oct. 25 2015 006.webp

I dug about 80% trash today; mostly intentionally. I just have one of those feelings there's more treasure hiding in the really trashy areas and I'm determined to find out; even if it takes me until next year (or longer).

No gold showed up but I was real happy with what did. I hunted under an almost full moon for a while before calling it quits. It was another beautiful night out there. If I didn't have to get up early tomorrow I would have stayed a bit longer.

That's about it.
Thanks for looking & HH......
 
Last edited:
Upvote 18
Like number 49..your on the roll on those rings!
 
Congrats on pulling that fat ring. I think the sword might be the remnants of an ornate letter opener.
 
Congrats on pulling that fat ring. I think the sword might be the remnants of an ornate letter opener.

I never thought about a letter opener.
I believe you just may be right.
Thanks.
 
Looks like a good day to me if I have faith in an area I tend to dig more questionable signals
 
Nice ring :occasion14:gotta love it when Silver turns up !
 
awesome ring, i bet if youre patient and persistent enough you can clean out a lot of junk and find some goods lying beneath, keep it up!
 
The eyes are the only true discrimination.... I like that.
Great finds. [emoji106]🏻
 
Hey, you found a really neat ring there.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom