I have the 5.75" Compadre.. which one is better in your opinion?
I have the older original 7" coil model that came out in this new form after they discontinued the Amigo.
Some say many of these are a bit more "sparky", a little hotter than the 5.75" coil models that came after.
Can't say this is true but I do know I am at least the third owner of this thing, Skiwhiz the previous owner did open it up and adjusted the sense up as high as possible before any chatter and I can guarantee you I love the thing and I will be the very last owner even though I also own a Mojave.
You just don't get rid of tools that work so well for any reason, in my mind.
It cost me $130 at the time, could be I could actually make a profit on this thing if I wanted to sell it now...don't care, ain't never going to happen.
I can say a very generous owner of a new 8" Compadre had it sent to me for testing and review for a couple of weeks before I sent it on to him and I liked it.
The disc was good, not exactly as razor sharp as mine where every zincoln always came in exactly the same as a dead-on 3:00 position on the disc knob but close enough for government work.
Also it seemed a bit deeper, a function of that slightly larger coil I expect.
The best thing is one of the most important super powers these things have, the uncanny ability to to double beep on targets near, next to it even leaning on big metal, is still there on that one and I assume all models...triple beep if that target is shallow.
I have a coin very close to this metal fence pole in this demonstration but I have also found targets actually leaning on big metal poles and bench legs in the past.
Also at least one coin sitting just a few inches directly under a thick metal step on tot lot equipment which shocked me at the time.
It does this effortlessly with the right swing speed.
To this day I have not used any detector/coil combination or settings that can replicate this as well as these things can do it, not even my Vaq even though I tried with a sniper coil and every setting I could think of.
None of them, except maybe the Mojave.