Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last 2 or three times out, I've been working on doing the sort of hunt I *used* to do. I've grown old and had fallen into the "let's just find easy stuff" syndrome.

It's mostly due to time, age and pain that I pretty much just started doing what I call high squeak hunts. I knew that by ignoring the iffier signals, I was leaving a *lot* of stuff in the ground.

But, I was just too tired to do the work that hunting the way I used to, caused. (SIC: lazy).

Sure, I could go to one of my clad farms and feel good about finding a ton of new coins. I could even tell myself I liked what I was doing. But....truth be told, I wasn't real happy.

So, a couple of hunts ago I decided to go to a particular clad farm I liked and start doing what I call a "fine tooth comb" sort of hunt. It meant digging a whole lot more than usual, but, hopefully upped my chances of actually finding things I actually wanted to find.

Like today, went for about a 3 hour walk. I dug sooooo much!!! Only a couple lil trinkets/coins.

IMG_20240227_163254.jpg

The old harness buckle was about a foot down! These few finds also represent about 10 pieces of trash for each one and a very unhappy back!! But, finding the types of finds there really started to impress me! Last couple times out I have found teeny tiny necklaces that were very odd sounding/broken up/ and very slight hits.
IMG_20240227_163402.jpg

Other little hits were making themselves known to me again. Each one, making me feel more like I was truly *hearing* the treasure again!

IMG_20240227_163307.jpg

I *always* had a knack for finding strange lil pieces. But, not so much these last few years.
IMG_20240227_163334.jpg

No clue but the sort of finds I used to be known for....odd bits and pieces. Some with clues, like words that always used to fire that drive I once had before. The idea of something to research was part of my attraction! What was this thing!!! (WHADIFIND!?)

IMG_20240227_163424.jpg

Then, there was the small bits of jewelry. Ones that were maybe not worth much, but just the finding of such wonderful, tiny pieces of gold had always fascinated!
IMG_20240227_163432.jpg

Ahhhhhh....but then..... the beautiful, *tiny* little jewelry!! You know the kind! Teensy gold chains that always made me think *WOW!*.....I actually *HEARD THAT*!?!? Let alone, found it! AND.... didn't destroy it!?!? WOW!!!

I've found tiny little chains the last few times out! So, I know now I'm back on track!! This might prove to be a really nice year! I actually feel like I'm detecting again! Instead of just going for my weekly constitutional! (walks are fine.....but I'd *MUCH* rather be Treasure hunting!!!!

Sorry for the long windedness, but I'm beginning to feel like I'm back!

Thanks for taking the time to peek!

Upvote 33
The last 2 or three times out, I've been working on doing the sort of hunt I *used* to do. I've grown old and had fallen into the "let's just find easy stuff" syndrome.

It's mostly due to time, age and pain that I pretty much just started doing what I call high squeak hunts. I knew that by ignoring the iffier signals, I was leaving a *lot* of stuff in the ground.

But, I was just too tired to do the work that hunting the way I used to, caused. (SIC: lazy).

Sure, I could go to one of my clad farms and feel good about finding a ton of new coins. I could even tell myself I liked what I was doing. But....truth be told, I wasn't real happy.

So, a couple of hunts ago I decided to go to a particular clad farm I liked and start doing what I call a "fine tooth comb" sort of hunt. It meant digging a whole lot more than usual, but, hopefully upped my chances of actually finding things I actually wanted to find.

Like today, went for about a 3 hour walk. I dug sooooo much!!! Only a couple lil trinkets/coins.

View attachment 2134038
The old harness buckle was about a foot down! These few finds also represent about 10 pieces of trash for each one and a very unhappy back!! But, finding the types of finds there really started to impress me! Last couple times out I have found teeny tiny necklaces that were very odd sounding/broken up/ and very slight hits.
View attachment 2134039
Other little hits were making themselves known to me again. Each one, making me feel more like I was truly *hearing* the treasure again!

View attachment 2134040
I *always* had a knack for finding strange lil pieces. But, not so much these last few years.
View attachment 2134041
No clue but the sort of finds I used to be known for....odd bits and pieces. Some with clues, like words that always used to fire that drive I once had before. The idea of something to research was part of my attraction! What was this thing!!! (WHADIFIND!?)

View attachment 2134042
Then, there was the small bits of jewelry. Ones that were maybe not worth much, but just the finding of such wonderful, tiny pieces of gold had always fascinated!
View attachment 2134043
Ahhhhhh....but then..... the beautiful, *tiny* little jewelry!! You know the kind! Teensy gold chains that always made me think *WOW!*.....I actually *HEARD THAT*!?!? Let alone, found it! AND.... didn't destroy it!?!? WOW!!!

I've found tiny little chains the last few times out! So, I know now I'm back on track!! This might prove to be a really nice year! I actually feel like I'm detecting again! Instead of just going for my weekly constitutional! (walks are fine.....but I'd *MUCH* rather be Treasure hunting!!!!

Sorry for the long windedness, but I'm beginning to feel like I'm back!

Thanks for taking the time to peek!
Very Cool!!! Gold In Your Future!!! Congrats!!!

Wow!
Congrats on the itty bitty chains,

And the other goodies.
But as ever the outing! Which without there wouldn't be the revived intent involved.

You have a link of "flat" chain from farm equipment it looks like. Manure spreader or other. Detachable to adjust chain length.

Last edited:
Any ideas about the piece in the 3rd & 4th pictures? Looks like a strange engraving on the back.

I think it might have said at one time, "Let It Be"

And there's a symbol at the top on the back and a letter "L".

Last edited:
I'm still in my late 40s and in good shape but I honestly hate digging deep holes especially in packed soil, oof! I'll dig that 12" down but oh man, that's a lot to have to stop every few feet to have to excavate on heavens knows what, usually a chunk of iron that time forgot or that's been my experience. I like digging not more than 6" if it can be helped, all that shoveling, grunting, up and down and crouching are exhausting especially if I'm using a small spade or trenching tool. It's good you pushed yourself to get out, maintaining mobility is one of the more important aspects of living a long life, possibly the most important. Even if you have to go easy you're still moving your body and doing enough of it, within reason of course, will help build endurance and strengthen muscles. Glad you had a great day and nice finds! Sounds like fun!

Glad to hear you're 'feeling it' again!
Congrats on your recoveries!
I believe the mystery piece says "Love" on the back.

Glad to hear you're 'feeling it' again!
Congrats on your recoveries!
I believe the mystery piece says "Love" on the back.
IMG_20240301_164712.jpg
IMG_20240301_164503.jpg

I suspected that too. I know that corrosion can play tricks on the eyes. But....I think I see a lady on a horse with a parasol. :dontknow: 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♀️

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back