Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think I'm jaded now lol

Not in the field this time. On the ridge along the creek.

ForumRunner_20130713_125052.png

2013-07-13 12.45.06.png ForumRunner_20130713_125150.png

Upvote 4

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Extremely nice largie there!!! :treasurechest:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And it would seem, with good reason.

That's a lovely large cent!

WTG!
HH!

OP
OP
cti4sw

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And it would seem, with good reason.

That's a lovely large cent!

WTG!
HH!

Thanks! From my expression when I pulled it from the hole you might've thought I found another wheat penny, lol... "Large cent, ok, date? 1837... Ok." <tosses in bag>

Hehe.... :|

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! From my expression when I pulled it from the hole you might've thought I found another wheat penny, lol... "Large cent, ok, date? 1837... Ok." <tosses in bag>

Hehe.... :|

Actually, I am VERY familiar with the feeling. It's a very bad sign. It means that you are not hunting for enjoyment right now but rather as another job. Something that "has" to be done. You know, like school? Work? Taxes?

I'm semi-serious about this. When I get this way. Where a find that should excite me to no end and it just barely registers. Well, it's time to break. Time to stop going and not go back until that familiar little anticipation for going, returns.

Getting on here doesn't help the feeling much either. It can actually cause it because we see rare and very hard to find things here EVERY SINGLE DAY! So, unless it's "banner" worthy, we feel like, what's the use? Another Wheatie, Rosie. Or in your case, "Just another large cent." (HO HUM).

Understand?

Do a little research, find somewhere that really interests you. Then, wait until you REALLY want to find and go again.
Another thing that helps is to go to the single trashiest place you know of and force yourself to dig for a couple hours at least.

HH!

OP
OP
cti4sw

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Actually, I am VERY familiar with the feeling. It's a very bad sign. It means that you are not hunting for enjoyment right now but rather as another job. Something that "has" to be done. You know, like school? Work? Taxes?

I'm semi-serious about this. When I get this way. Where a find that should excite me to no end and it just barely registers. Well, it's time to break. Time to stop going and not go back until that familiar little anticipation for going, returns.

Getting on here doesn't help the feeling much either. It can actually cause it because we see rare and very hard to find things here EVERY SINGLE DAY! So, unless it's "banner" worthy, we feel like, what's the use? Another Wheatie, Rosie. Or in your case, "Just another large cent." (HO HUM).

Understand?

Do a little research, find somewhere that really interests you. Then, wait until you REALLY want to find and go again.
Another thing that helps is to go to the single trashiest place you know of and force yourself to dig for a couple hours at least.

HH!

I always get the itch to go.... Maybe I'll quit that field for a bit and start hitting playgrounds and curb strips, or go back to bottle digging.

Thanks for the advice! See you next week ;)

scotk9

Mar 19, 2013
Montgomery County PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 250
Bounty Hunter
I always get the itch to go.... Maybe I'll quit that field for a bit and start hitting playgrounds and curb strips, or go back to bottle digging.

Thanks for the advice! See you next week ;)

I can attest to that! Jon is always out for the "hunt". We can hit the dump on a few days and then shift to some new spot and roll to an old fav. We are always challenging
each other and pushing to see what the other can find.
I love going on the hunt with him because of our age difference. What he initially thinks is scrapmetal from a field or dump, I will look at it and suggest what it might be from. This ignites an interest in him and we have further discussions and do research. Sometimes it has a local connect and other times it is maybe just holding on to something that is very common but, we never saw or held one.
I won't let him get too "jaded".... Its too much fun finding gold on one day and a neck of a blob the next.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

OP
OP
cti4sw

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can attest to that! Jon is always out for the "hunt". We can hit the dump on a few days and then shift to some new spot and roll to an old fav. We are always challenging
each other and pushing to see what the other can find.
I love going on the hunt with him because of our age difference. What he initially thinks is scrapmetal from a field or dump, I will look at it and suggest what it might be from. This ignites an interest in him and we have further discussions and do research. Sometimes it has a local connect and other times it is maybe just holding on to something that is very common but, we never saw or held one.
I won't let him get too "jaded".... Its too much fun finding gold on one day and a neck of a blob the next.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Wish I could "like" things from the app... :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread