I think my Used Whites Prizm II i Bought is Nuts any ideas Help!

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently bought this Whites Prizm II and took It to the park near my pad where i usually go with my Discovery 2000 wich is a decent coin machine. And this Prizm II is nuts its all over the place beeping on everything i wonder is there somthing wrong with it.Functions work but beeps on everything seems unstable.Any Ideas or could this be normal for this Model? ???

You could try antother area, as the ground may not agree with it and also assure you have fresh batteries. We have one and in certain areas it acts like that. If it acts the same somewhere else, you could email or call Whites and see what they think. They have been very good to me. Good luck.

What did it do when you reduced your sensitivity all the way down? Coil wire loose? Coil connector loose? Both batteries alkaline and fresh? Power lines overhead? Buried? Coil technique good? I'm just trying to eliminate the simple things...

Well i called Whites and after speaking to one of the service guys.I was telling him that on a forum it said the ground balance was off on this other guys machine and he ajusted it.Well it turns out my used machine is from Arizona so ground mieralization is differente than California and it may neeed ground balance ajustment from 2 screws under the box but the guy said to send it to him to adjust so will see ill let you guys know >:( guess some of these machines are a little finacky

never found it anywhere on site and besides gota take box apart will let them toy with it thanks anyway

You don't have to take it apart. There are two tiny rubber plugs in the bottom corners on the back side. One is for threshold and the other GB. You can adjust the pots with a small screwdriver.

khouse said:
You don't have to take it apart. There are two tiny rubber plugs in the bottom corners on the back side. One is for threshold and the other GB. You can adjust the pots with a small screwdriver.
Great information to have, i just bought a prizm II and i will be taking it to the local park later today.. I will take my mini crewdriver kit with me in case i need to adjust the ground balance :) .. ..

The trimmers are not made for many adjustments. So set if for your ground and forget it. Good luck!

My prizm II works great , i dint have to ground balance at all, pinpointing is great and pretty deep also. good little machine for the money :) ..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back