What's new

I thought I was through detecting my neighbor's front yard until I found this...

Diggin' History

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2020
Messages
356
Reaction score
592
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...cool looking Quarter Necklace as well as more trash. I look at finding nails as a good thing - the more I find, the less I have to buy to finish my house addition. [snicker]

I knew I should not of commented that I thought I had finally cleared out my neighbor's front yard because, I didn't make it over to the side of their house today like I planned.

So, I took my Bounty Hunter Tracker IV out for a 5 mile round trip walk early this afternoon - Yup, the walk is an everyday thing but not always with a detector and not always to my neighbor's who is 2 1/2 miles away.

I decided to change the settings to find a bit more targets, knowing that I would find more trash. Five (5) minutes into my hunt I found a Quarter and right next to it, three (3) inches away, was the Quarter Necklace. After that find I really didn't care how the rest of the day went. I did find my first Wheat Penny - a 1953 D which I nicked during extraction. Glad that I already have several of them.

Here are the pics:

02_21_2020_Last_Pass_Neighbors_Front_Yard_0001.webp02_21_2020_Last_Pass_Neighbors_Front_Yard_0002.webp

I am still impressed at how my BH TK4 targets small metal pieces at depths of 8 inches and more.

Cheers.
-DH-
 
Last edited:
Upvote 36
Congratulations on the cool necklace. I haven’t seen one of those in a long time. Keep swingin.
 
Awesome score, goes to show you that a spot is never fully hunted out. I have lived in my house for 3 years now and hunted it regularly and just now am really finding some good stuff!
 
Nice finds. I like that necklace and charm.
 
Very cool quarter jewelry piece! :occasion14:
 
Awesome necklace you ain't done yet that's cool
 
i'd like to know the mystery ? where a bh gets 8 inches ? my pioneer 101 gets only 4 inches on good days here in the midwest ? nice necklace it deserves a better chain though
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom