What's new

I thought it was a shotgun slug but...

john845

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2017
Messages
408
Reaction score
1,075
Golden Thread
0
Location
Newburgh ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Class III SL. Spectrum xlt Tesoro Vaquero Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1522719691025320930967.webp1522719727172674978759.webp15227197551151861607760.webp
I got out for two hours today and didn't find to much. I dug this thinking it was just a lead blob or shotgun slug. When I got home and rinsed it off I noticed the three rings. Is this a fired miniball or something similar? I found a powder flask not to far away last week. So what do you civil war guys think?
 
Sure looks like one. Cool find!:icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
thanks
 
Upvote 0
It's definitely a three ringer!!! Not sure what caliber, but I'm sure someone on here can tell ya... Outstanding find, thanks for sharing and Congrats!!!

"D"

Louisiana Flag Emoji.webp 3rd national emoji.webp Bonnie Blue Emoji.webp
 
Upvote 0
It's definitely a three ringer. Outstanding find, Most likely a 58 Cal. Congrats and keep hunting.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like it hit something, that would of hurt.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom