What's new

i want a metal dector

cheketecaca

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 24, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I am new and I know nothing I would like to buy a metal decter but I don't now what to get or how much to spend
 
Hi,
Depends on how much yu want to spend.Garret ace 250 or tessero silver umax are good starter machines for around 200 bucks.
It is great fun to dig old coins out of the ground,good luck .
Jim
 
Before you can even think about a detector, here's what you NEED to know...

What do you want to find?
Where will you be looking for it?
How much time are you going to spend detecting?
How much money can you afford to spend?

Once you answer these questions you will narrow your search down on which detectors are designed to meet YOUR needs. Once they are identified, then it comes down to personal preference, weight, feel, coils optoins, sounds, creature features etc. Buying an ACE250 or Silver Umax won't do you any good if your primary goal is to find gold nuggets in the mountains of CA. And of course, on the flip side a Minelab 4000 series is overkill for coin shooting in parks.
 
I suggest a Tesoro Compadre as a beginner machine. It is light, easy to operate, and has the famous Tesoro warranty. It retails for about $200.00.
 
It is mostly going to be coins and such. I hunt a lot (deer and rabbit) so I have access to old farms wooded areas and abandoned houses. Mostly mding in Ohio and northern KY
 
the 3 machines mentioned above are all good machines to start with. your best bang for your buck, and welcome to your new madness
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom