I want to start collecting altered coins and paper money that people wrote on

When I get bills larger than $1 that are marked i make a xerox copy
of the marked side and then go ahead and spend it. See lots of marked
fifties and hundreds but don't have them very long. Way too many
Where's George notes out there. I have marked coins but no telling when I
will find them. Let you know when i do. regards, ss

Thank you, dear friend. The Kid and I enjoy those "where's George" bills. We enter them on the site. Weird how short a distance they go! Next one I'm going to mail across the country to make it all a little more interesting.

BloodyBelle said:
No serious money here. But I have an affection for altered coins. I also like 1 or 5 dollar bills that people wrote or drew things on, especially singles as fivers are real hard not to spend! ;D I think I have as many as 3 items in this collection now.

I can get you as much paper money as you want. Just let me know what denominations you'd like and if you have any special requests for what's written on them.

Bill

Willieboy said:
BloodyBelle said:
No serious money here. But I have an affection for altered coins. I also like 1 or 5 dollar bills that people wrote or drew things on, especially singles as fivers are real hard not to spend! ;D I think I have as many as 3 items in this collection now.

I can get you as much paper money as you want. Just let me know what denominations you'd like and if you have any special requests for what's written on them.

Bill

You just made me realize what a stupid request that was. ;D

BloodyBelle said:
Willieboy said:
BloodyBelle said:

Bill

There is another option. Many people collect monetary errors. These are coins and bills that are issued but have errors on them. Depending on the error they can range from slightly valuable to very expensive so you can always add less expensive items if money is tight. Then when you see that special one that is more expensive you can decide on how badly you want it.

Bill

Willieboy said:
BloodyBelle said:
Willieboy said:
BloodyBelle said:

Bill

There is another option. Many people collect monetary errors. These are coins and bills that are issued but have errors on them. Depending on the error they can range from slightly valuable to very expensive so you can always add less expensive items if money is tight. Then when you see that special one that is more expensive you can decide on how badly you want it.

Bill

I'm coming from more of a folk art kind of place. I hope that makes sense. Plus it's a cheap item to collect.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back