i want to try az. gold..help..

scubaozzy

Aug 20, 2007
Tavares,FL.
Detector(s) used
minelab excal.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
i notice on this site u all help alot of people and have alot of good advise.me and my wife are new to gold prospecting on the east coast we live in florida but are limited on gold sites that produce much in the georgia area.i have seen most of your "better" prospecting is in az..we would like to make a trip there to do some gold hunting, are there some areas you all can recommend for us?we have never been on a solo adventure of our own so that might limit us being new to the area but not out of the plans.well thanks in advance for your time..u all take care, oscar

i forgot to add: camping at mines for a week would be fine with us also or just anything that would get us a better chance for finding something would work for us. thanks again everyone...

You might want to try around the QUARTZITE area, and near the old ghost town of STANTON. Stanton is now owned by the GOLD PROSPECTORS OF AMERICA, but the land around the area is BLM land. I have had some good luck in that area. I have retrieved about a 1/2 ounce of gold in 2 days. Mostly fine gold but some nuggets. HH

Where sorta' depends on method.
If using a detector or drywasher (a very dusty proposition) then almost any area has a club to help you get started.
Someone else might be of more help.
Actual sluicing and panning (wet areas) are few and far between as far as I know. It also depends on the time of year you plan to visit.
If you don't care for the FL humidity, you'll love AZ. Lake Havasu City is 'modern' and quite comfortable in Winter, kinda' windy this year though.
jim

I have posted on y the az. site about the area down stream from the trails end mine and mill site.
it is located on the battleship butte geo map.
has water for dredge,for m.ds places to dry wash can do it all therenuggets

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back