The Garrett AT Pro has the most accurate ID at depth I've ever seen (barely seen, the # is small). Just a bit after I got the manual ground balance set about right, I get a loud beep: very tilted quarter! Next another loud beep, reading 8" deep. The ID is only jumping from 80-85, on many passes over the spot. 80-85 numbers are all dime numbers. Sure enough, at 7" there is a clad dime. Very hard, totally dry dirt, moderately mineralized. This in a large park/schoolyard combo that's been detected a few hundred times just by me, plus I have regular competition there. Also, got a shallow nickel ID 52-53. I checked the immediate area after that with iron ID & the nickel had been surrounded by 5 pieces of iron!
I've just used it in the super-simple STD mode, sensitivity 7 out of 8, coins mode, & iron 100% rejected (40). Rarely would I dig a piece of trash & it seems about all were round coin-sized objects, like a button. Also it can tell the difference between copper pennies (upper 70s-low 80s bounce), & dimes bounce 80-85, a quarter is about 85-86. And zincs can be IDed by audio: high tone one way, low tone the other way, mid 70s IDs. If I have the iron rejection at 35, a bottle cap beeps on every other pass. In STD mode, even deep coins sound strong.
Many prefer the Pro mode as with some iron accepted, it may be possible to hear a coin under a nail. Pro mode has modulated audio, weak at depth.
The current & recent model White's under $600 in my experience have too jumpy IDs with stock coil.
The AT Pro is about the least jumpy on deep coin IDs & separates very well even with the stock 8.5x11 DD coil. Some of the dealers may quote you a lower price on the phone or in e-mail but they can't post more than 15% off MSRP on the internet. If you want to go underwater (max 10') you need the waterproof headphones. The ones that come with it are only water-resistant (must not be submerged), but good enough for use on a rainy day. Best wishes, George (MN)