I wanted a Coke from the machine

Jan 5, 2008
Brazoria County, TX
Detector(s) used
MINELAB X-30, X-505
We have a Coke machine right outside my office here at work. (we call every drink dispensing machine a 'coke' machine down here, whether it's dr. pepper or pepsi or whatever, lol). Anyway, didn't have any change or cash on me. Instead of bumming from a co-worker, I had a great idea. I happened to have my detector w/me in the car. I ran to the local park down the road on my break, jumped out, discriminated everything except quarters, and wah-lah, within 10 minutes I had 5 quarters. So, I sit here typing this message drinking my ice cold coke, and still have one dirty quarter in my pocket. :laughing7:

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Haha...that's awesome. It kind of sucks sometimes bending down to get that dime but they do add up even if it doesn't seem like it.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I use to do something similar. In my towns center there use to be a thrift store.A hundred yards down the road from the thrift store there was an antique shop. For a free lunch i use to go into the thrift store, pick up an old tool from the mill that use to be here years and years ago,or pick up something else that i thought the antique dealer would be interested in. Buy my thrift store find, walk down to the antique dealer and sell him my thrift store find. I usually doubled my money or at worst made a few buck profit. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread