I wanted to detect today but instead I...

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was informed about 15' of PVC kinda plumbing in the basement was put in improperly. So...after a couple trips to the hardware store went downstairs with the saw, glue, etc. and tore it out and put in all new pipe.

THEN I finished the installation of two solar panels (again, hole through a concrete block wall) and fished the wires thru and its also done.

THEN I worked on a sump pump hose that just plain needed to be redone.

Now I can't move. Well, after all I did get a buffalo nickel yesterday, plus a bunch of us are going out Saturday on a group dig. It's not all bad.

Woman's work...

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's so rewarding to fix things , you probably saved yourself a $1000 bucks.
and you know the quality of the work done.

last year I had to hire a contractor for a new A/C heat pump , it liked to kill me as I have always done my own repairs.
the thing is you can't get a unit with out the HVAC card.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one contractor and the other tree guy I use are quite reasonable. The plumber, not so much, but it's not rocket science with both things I did.

Now the solar panel set was an "it's winter and I'm bored" thing. I got a 100 watt set from Harbor Freight. I sits outside (now, that is) next to the house. I used some clamps and screwed the panels down to a newly purchased 6x6, pressure treated. Went through the wall with a cement eating drill bit and ran both cables inside to the controller, so the controller won't go bad. It will connect to a HUGE 60 pound marine deep cycle battery and a 1500 watt dc/ac inverter.

Just for fun. And if I want a little power and a bad storm is raging and I do not want to go outside to run the generator.

Like I said, a bored as all get out winter project.

When I cut the water line, of course there was a little left in it. I let it drain into a small plastic bucket. A little after I got done I hear a thud, boom crash in the basement. The 24 pound Maine Coon cat decided to play in it. He's quite wet right now, but drying nicely. But he had a good time.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go Smokey! A productive day. You almost inspired me to get around to my 'round-to-it list. Uhhh, maybe tomorrow.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night I went through my entire collection of dug stuff. It took awhile. I kept on saying something like "I don't remember finding that" over and over.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am impressed with your PVC work. I replaced all my outdoor drainage PVC last summer but we will see how it holds up through the winter. I would have to be way braver to tackle anything indoors.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tomorrow is test drive the whole house generator, and replace the 90 day old gas in it. Gas goes into the car, and it gets fresh gas (with ethanol treatment and stabilizer). Also treating some Rev War iron to a nice hot microcrystalline wax bath to drive out moisture and preserve it, I missed a few pieces I found in a box. Then final configuration of the solar panels. And preparing for the rainy season and floods which I hope don't happen but most likely will. I think I'd do well detecting my one spot in VA but I hate that drive in the middle of the week.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
I was informed about 15' of PVC kinda plumbing in the basement was put in improperly. So...after a couple trips to the hardware store went downstairs with the saw, glue, etc. and tore it out and put in all new pipe.

THEN I finished the installation of two solar panels (again, hole through a concrete block wall) and fished the wires thru and its also done.

THEN I worked on a sump pump hose that just plain needed to be redone.

Now I can't move. Well, after all I did get a buffalo nickel yesterday, plus a bunch of us are going out Saturday on a group dig. It's not all bad.

Woman's work...

dang i'm exhausted just readin this. as far as buffalo nickels i have only dug one. and i thought oh God no not another pull tab ! so i guess he smiled on me once. only once though !:icon_scratch:

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Last night I went through my entire collection of dug stuff. It took awhile. I kept on saying something like "I don't remember finding that" over and over.

oh thats bad. and you never took any antidepressant or anti psychotics ? you know what i'd be sayin dont cha ?

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope. Never had any of those kinds of meds. I never got to the generator but cleaned the basement instead.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sort of well done. I did a scene from Caddyshack, where the hero uses a leaf blower to clean out the garage. Well, I just got my first one ever (leaf blower) and had a blast, har har har, blowing the leaves away from the basement door. Then used it to blow out some leaves and more dust than I thought was on the basement floor outside. Cough hack. All good now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread