What's new

I was about to start the lawn mower .... YIKES !

NO...!! Clean out a spot in your deep freeze. Put a Heavy Trash Bag Over The Nest, the kind with the pull ties. Tie it off & quickly cut any branches it's built around about 18" from the nest. Run in & put it in the freezer for two days. One will work but two is for sure. Take it out and if the nest is not torn you either have a couple bills or great Man Cave or Diva Den Decor!!!

I meant to hit the quote the light it up post! Yours is MUCH NICER than the ones listed on eBay now and it's Big too. Keep It...but get it in the freezer before any bad weather.
I harvested it - the bees left - I also put some smoke to it - before clipping , I put it in the freezer - then I put it on ebay , today .
 

Attachments

  • PDR_6018.webp
    PDR_6018.webp
    122.8 KB · Views: 86
I harvested it - the bees left - I also put some smoke to it - before clipping , I put it in the freezer - then I put it on ebay , today .

Let us know how it does, I do some resale and see some weird crap with buyers - but this one was a surprise to me.
 
Glad you didn't get stung and hope that you make a tidy profit.
 
The "paper" is mud, wasp spit, and veggy matter and doesn't burn.

Makes great wadding for muzzleloading shotguns.
 
might i Suggest you grab a shot gun with some 7 1/2 bird shot and get real close and blow the bejesus out of it? That should take care of em! (I honestly hope you don't take me seriously)
 
Glad you didn't get stung and hope that you make a tidy profit.

Any cent would be profit for something that was found for free on someone's own property! I call it "wasp exploitation" though :laughing7:.
 
When I first looked at the picture I thought it was a messed up gator. :laughing7:
 
Let us know how it does, I do some resale and see some weird crap with buyers - but this one was a surprise to me.
It is up to $50.00 with 10 bids . 3 more days to go .
 
Any cent would be profit for something that was found for free on someone's own property! I call it "wasp exploitation" though :laughing7:.

hornet lives matter
 
Good idea starting low. You got em on the hook now. True market value! Gotta love it!

Agreed! Better at starting at $50, with $0 bids. Seeing so many bids on an item makes it seem like an item is very popular with high competition. I know of at least 3 or 4 nests around my town, maybe harvest them in the winter when everyone living in them is dead (and bring a can of wasp poison just in case). There is one in my barn too, that the previous owner of my house removed from a tree. Congrats on making such a huge profit on that, I had no idea that they were worth nearly that much! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom