What's new

I was about to start the lawn mower .... YIKES !

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But I think I'll move it first 8-)
 

Attachments

  • PDR_5906.webp
    PDR_5906.webp
    163.3 KB · Views: 160
  • PDR_5907.webp
    PDR_5907.webp
    136.7 KB · Views: 148
  • PDR_5908.webp
    PDR_5908.webp
    148.5 KB · Views: 161
whoa!! your right move the lawn mower then light it up with fire
 
Oh man, I never thought of that! Great tip!

I've brown recluses here and some rather large other spiders here. I'm serious in my arachnophobia, granny always said "Watch out for the spiders".

I've thought of pickling them and selling them on eBay, but saw they weren't selling for much. So I didn't pursue that. Now with that hornets nest fetching such a premium - maybe I oughta consider "opportunities" :)
 
It would be cool if you can survive an attack from them nasty flying devils and salvage that nest. I recall them suckers can have an extreme attitude when folks get too close.
 
Them things are nasty! I have always called them white faced hornets. That could have ruined your day for sure. Be careful messing with it , they can track you down from a good distance.
 
That's a great idea. My sister sells the feathers from her Macaws and Cockatoo when they molt.
 
When I was a kid , my Brother and I called them White Tailed Hornets .
 
Oh wow....a piñata. Hit that sucker with a bat and see if any candy is inside. Just kidding, dont do that !!
 
Another good reason to live in the north. I would wait a couple of months til the cold sets in and then be able to just yank it down and get rid of it.
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
who would sell wasp nest some people are really weird???
 
I have a few nests that I collected over the years, including one that the old owners of my house killed, cut the branch it was on, and left in the barn. It is probably bigger than a basketball. I never had any idea that they were worth that much, or that anyone would want to buy one. Yours is a huge one, very cool except for the fact that it is probably full of hornets or yellow jackets. It would have ruined my day if I turned on that lawn mower, good thing you noticed the nest, I stepped on a couple ground nests this year (not fun at all).
 
start the mower like a man, or wear a skirt
 
I quit bringing them indoors in winter untreated.
Had residents of one wake up.
 
who would sell wasp nest some people are really weird???
Man, people collect anything, with different interest's of course. Personally wouldn't buy one but think they are kind of neat. That one is a big joker too.
 
Get a can of "25 foot wasp spray"
Spray the nest after it gets dark.
The next morning you can remove the nest.
 
But I think I'll move it first 8-)

NO...!! Clean out a spot in your deep freeze. Put a Heavy Trash Bag Over The Nest, the kind with the pull ties. Tie it off & quickly cut any branches it's built around about 18" from the nest. Run in & put it in the freezer for two days. One will work but two is for sure. Take it out and if the nest is not torn you either have a couple bills or great Man Cave or Diva Den Decor!!!

I meant to hit the quote the light it up post! Yours is MUCH NICER than the ones listed on eBay now and it's Big too. Keep It...but get it in the freezer before any bad weather.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom