I was bored so I did this

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
This old tracker 2D bounty hunter my neighbor gave to me. She works at a U-Stor-It place and someone left it behind. The weird plastic handle kinda sucked. All wobbly. The grey discovery 1100 I garbaged picked without a coil, but it had the s grip shaft. I would'nt consider this a back up detector, but a extra to have in the trunk for asking permission and the owner would like to give it a go. Plus my 11 yr old daughter will mess around with it. Neither of these junk detectors have a pinpoint option. With the disc down and sensitivity up it does pretty good on airtests. I was surprised.
Cyas, Mike

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 2,009
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,978
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,987
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,985
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,975

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, don't grin too big about that Bounty Hunter. Several years ago, a guy I knew in Oklahoma City bought a low dollar BH for HIS 12 year old daughter while he got himself a high dollar detector. He THOUGHT she'd lose interest after awhile. She didn't. As a matter of fact, the first day she found a heavy, yellow gold man's onyx ring and the next day a woman's diamond engagement ring. He said that not only did she find them, but she also " called " them before digging. Can you spell S-K-U-N-K-E-D ? I met them when they came into Wayne's Detector Sales one afternoon to buy his detector and then about 3 days later when they came back in to show Wayne their finds. Dad was really bragging on daughter's ability. She was the classic quiet, skinny little girl with big eyeglasses-- just a cute as she could be and Wayne and I got a big laugh out of Dad's puny finds compared to her's. She did not lose interest in MDing, so Dad came back and bought her a better machine. ( Wayne pointed out that she hadn't been doing too shabby with her little BHer.) ;D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
"frankentector" lives!! a cross tween a discovery 1100 and a tracker 2 = a "dis/track/tor 1102"

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What ever works....... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old thread, but that is a great mod, does it still work???I have found plenty with my old GH Land Star..It feels funny when I detect with it now days, but I bet my old Favorite Whites 5500 D would too now.....Man I loved that old Whites back in the day, I thought I was "UpTown"......

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, I've still got my ol' 2D. I've not used it as much as the older 840, so I haven't found as much with it. I have found a decent amount of change though. I still like my old 840, especially for 'pin pointing'. The depth seem comparable with the Tracker 4 and Lone Star I have.

But, as a lot of us know and say, it's not the detector, it's the operator!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread