IDX Pro

jangles

Feb 11, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
MX5 plus many others in the past

dandan

Feb 24, 2006
Whew! I am about to send mine in for the same mod! Glad to hear it was bats.

Bill(de)

Feb 18, 2005
Had Mr Bill modified IDX Pro a couple years now and never had a problem or heard of any related to Mr Bill's mods. Glad you found the problem jangles. HH Bill (de)

B

brandon/upstate

newcomer here but saw the post and the name stands out. My buddy owns the IDx and has pulled more great finds with it. I own the Classic I.d. and until recently the DFX. I'll say one thing, it is one of the best detectors out there for no-nonsense treaure finding. Have a good one! Here's him and his first CT copper. It was in some nasty iron and 8" down. The DFX missed it and trust me, I hunt slower than him. I plan to get one in the future.

Attachments

• P1010023.JPG
    P1010023.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 553

swingman

Feb 7, 2007
Coventry, CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab (2), Garrett (2), Whites (2)
Re: IDX Pro - mod?

I have one and like it - it's pulled out stuff even my Minelab has missed (including three halves!).
In a nutshell, what's the mod about? And who's Mr. Bill?

Bill(de)

Feb 18, 2005
In a nutshell the Mr. Bill mods

Adds a boost cirquit on the Classic ID , IDX which adds depth---- tweaks the IDX Pro circuit

Adds an external ground balance pot and knob for easier ground balancing-- factory pot is very fragile and can easily be damaged.

Adds external knob to adjust threshold in all metal as it's really too loud from factory

It's a nice mod and does make it better, i had a Classic ID and an IDX Pro and there was a big difference in the Classic ID depth vs factory version .

Is it worth it? YEP ... HH Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread