What's new

I was hoping for more.

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh well no points today just flake tools and pottery.
 

Attachments

  • SDC10651.webp
    SDC10651.webp
    708.9 KB · Views: 136
  • SDC10652.webp
    SDC10652.webp
    336.5 KB · Views: 117
  • SDC10654.webp
    SDC10654.webp
    957 KB · Views: 139
Upvote 0
At least you are getting out there. At the rate we are going we won't see grass until July, LOL

You had a good day.
 
As much pottery as you find you must be stepping over points. I hope not! But reality is harsh. Still a nice days finds.
 
I hope not too but I must be honest I was thinking the same thing... I'm kind of noticing everything seems to be a very dark colored flint.
I don't know if this is the case but its pretty natural for your eyes to get used to focusing on one color.
Still a couple reduction flakes and some pottery is better than nothing
 
If you were to hunt my creek you would know the liter items will go to the top. Like flakes and pottery. The points are in the deeper water in the gravel where I cant see them. Its still winter here.
 
That's some nice pottery:thumbsup:Some days your hot and some days your not:laughing7:
 
They are all cool finds !!!!
 
You're doing better than I am! I'm thinking creek spirit wants me to make a sacrifice or somethin'...it's holding out on me but more daylight means more time there and I will find more! ;-)
 
You're doing better than I am! I'm thinking creek spirit wants me to make a sacrifice or somethin'...it's holding out on me but more daylight means more time there and I will find more! ;-)

Yeah a sacrifice or something…. :tongue3:
 
If you were to hunt my creek you would know the liter items will go to the top. Like flakes and pottery. The points are in the deeper water in the gravel where I cant see them. Its still winter here.
I hope you didn't take my reply wrong. I only want to help. It's still snow hanging out here and not a shoreline to mention. In no way am I downing you.
 
I hope you didn't take my reply wrong. I only want to help. It's still snow hanging out here and not a shoreline to mention. In no way am I downing you.

No I didnt. The creek where I hunt at even though most of the land above is red clay for some reason the dirt in the creek is like beach sand. Very fine which Im sure the heavy stuff goes straight to the bottom. Some places that sand is 4 ft deep. If there is no gravel showing I always use my flipping stick to check if I can feel the bottom before I step on it. It is shocking how deep the sand is sometimes. When the sand dries you can walk on it. But if its wet beware. No gravel no walky. We had some rain a few days ago which raised the creek. If it ever goes down again Im sure I will find some more good ones.
 
Nice rim shard.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom