I was just looking for silver dimes...honest

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
And I came away with BIG SILVER!!!!!!!

I went back to the site in the mountains where last Saturday I found my three old wheat pennies (and Palmolive-Peet soap token) and wound up finding my first Morgan dollar, dated 1921 and with EXCELLENT detail! Naturally I thanked the Lord profusely for such a great find. I continued my search without any further results, however, other than a 1920 wheatie and some modern pennies.

I began my search by setting my disc down to foil and digging every good target. When I came across the dollar I thought it was an aluminum can and almost didn't dig! Glad I did though!!

Enjoy the pics. :D

Ray

Attachments

• reverse.jpg
    reverse.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,269
  • obverse.jpg
    obverse.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,272
Upvote 0
It's like finding 10 silver dimes at once! ;D Awesome find by the way.

are you sure that wasn't a site where the u.s. minted coins? that coin has awesome detail! What a fantastic find! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congrat, I always say we set our sites way to low when we "go a huntin". Expect the unexpected.

fccdfed

Congratulations! A silver dollar is still on my "must find" list. You've got a very nice coin there!

Keep 'em coming!

Mike

She sure is perty ;D

That's still a dream find for me...a morgan.

That site will probably produce a lot more.

HH

I've dug one silver dollar and a few halves. It's remains almost unbelievable that someone could lose things so heavy and so big (compared to dimesand pennies that is).

Anyway...super find. WOW!

Wow, that's one heck of a silver coin find, Ray!! Your persistence has paid off!!

Beautiful!! You should post that on Kinzli!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Thanks everyone!

Despite a few nicks this coin could not have been in circulation very long as it cleaned up BEAUTIFULLY. I'll have to post some pictures of it tomorrow so you can see just how pretty and shiny it came out after a gentle cleaning.

Dan, I haven't been on Kinzli for a while but this coin is worth posting there!

Ray

Nice chunk of silver. Had the heart pumping there I bet! WTG :thumbsup: jgas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back