Ice Cold Gold

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Well if you've been following this show you know that in two episodes they voted some men off the show because (their reasoning) these two men didn't fit into the type of prospecting they were doing............HMM? the why did they need 2 gemologists and two equipment operators? and why do they need guys that didn't know anything on prospecting or mountain climbing ,and WHY did they hire a "expert" mountain climber (Doug)guide that was lost and don't wear protective helment when ropeing down a unstable rock / ice wall when anybody could see material falling as they went? well if voteing people off the show is what they want then my suggestion is : get rid of Eric the geologist that has been biten by "STUPIDITY" in not preparing for this trip with topo mats of the terrain that has elevations marked (he said he didn't know the mnt.was so steep. and don't wear safty glass' while trying to chip out samples.going off his safty rope to try to look for samples in a icey cravas with rushing water. get rid of Americo. he has lots of energy but NO experience / common sense. :BangHead:

Upvote 0

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh come on Russ, next you'll want the guide to be able to use his compass too......

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL You don't need helmets when your on a Set with someone above kicking Styrofoam stones at ya. :laughing7:

maybe over stated but
my point is I think there is allot of manufactured drama.

Running down the stones. all they needed to do if they lost balance was sit down.
Center gravity

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
How many times were the words " This is Dangerous " used in the programs last night? If it so dangerous what the hell are the 7 Stooges doing out there?

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cliffhanger > Tease of what's coming > Commercial > Recap of cliffhanger > Commercial > Fight scene > Cliffhangar > Commercial > Recap of fight scene > Recap of cliffhanger > Rinse 'n repeat...

Last edited:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
THE SHOW IS A TOTAL JOKE

The show should have been called ICE COLD BEER, cause these idiots should stay in camp sitting around a ring of fire drinking BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER, they are clueless what they are doing, A repeat of Jungle Gold at its finest....

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have to wonder even if they were to find sizable gold what equipment are they going to use to make them RICH in 2 months. Americo DiSantis, this guy is worthless. The 7 actors (NOT MINERS) talk about selling their claims to a large mining company. Excuse me, did these 7 idiots forget that they are in another country where they have NO rights or did they forget what happen in the first episode where they were booted from the land they found the red stones. Dang and three of these clowns are from Arizona.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to wonder even if they were to find sizable gold what equipment are they going to use to make them RICH in 2 months. Americo DiSantis, this guy is worthless. The 7 actors (NOT MINERS) talk about selling their claims to a large mining company. Excuse me, did these 7 idiots forget that they are in another country where they have NO rights or did they forget what happen in the first episode where they were booted from the land they found the red stones. Dang and three of these clowns are from Arizona.

first off they would need to find a Gold vein so thick it can be seen from 50 feet away easily.

Or the worlds Largest Gold Nugget to even be noticed

Untitled.jpg

then the next season they can complain how it was taken from them :laughing7:
as they vote someone else off before thy go look for magic mushrooms next.

Last edited:

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Guys, guys, guys... it's a "reality" show for chrisakes. Manufactured drama is what keeps the sheep watching. Remember... we're in the .05% of the population that can see through all BS for what these shows (even though we still watch them) really are. As for the rest of the population who like to watch all these gold or treasure based reality shows... well... that's why they're called sheep. :laughing7:

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL You don't need helmets when your on a Set with someone above kicking Styrofoam stones at ya. :laughing7:

maybe over stated but
my point is I think there is allot of manufactured drama.

Running down the stones. all they needed to do if they lost balance was sit down.
Center gravity

I believe The show is all about drama. Pay attention to what they said. All the rock fallen down the slopes is NEW FRESH rock. They went on to say there is no moss on any of them. If you want to know what is in the rock ledge up the mtn just look at the bottom of the rock slopes at their feet. No need to climb up and pound your rock hammer on a ledge with loose boulders above your head. Pretty stupid! ! ! ! If one were to find interesting minerals showing in the samples at your feet you could look up and see the most likely place they came from. Then the question might even be: How could we mine/extract the ore body should it prove to be worthy of that.

Then they climb all the way up to a very yellow intrusionary formation. They comment that it should have gold..... I told my wife that it was a "sulfur matrix". Low and behold it contained Iron Pyrite: FeS2 ....Iron and sulfur. This show is very hard to watch and is all about the drama! ! !

If I was not stuck here at home I would not even consider watching that piece of crud show!

Bejay

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think I would rather watch reruns of Lost In Space that ran from 1965 to 1968. That show was the dumbest ever, but these 7 actors/so called miners are diffidently lost in space. How fitting Lost In Space had seven actors as well...

Lost.jpg

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
The last one had our hero's going it alone on the ice. Just the three of them.

The camera crew wasn't going to go because it was too dangerous.

Cut to promo footage. The three of them were now on the ice, facing certain death in any moment, several different shots. All three in frame.

Who was shooting the promo? Aliens? Polar Bears?

...wait- I'm just a stupid viewer.

I believe... I believe.... I believe....

I really like the pump on the sluice in the fast flowing creek.... too dang funny.

Last edited:

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Well if you've been following this show you know that in two episodes they voted some men off the show because (their reasoning) these two men didn't fit into the type of prospecting they were doing............HMM? the why did they need 2 gemologists and two equipment operators? and why do they need guys that didn't know anything on prospecting or mountain climbing ,and WHY did they hire a "expert" mountain climber (Doug)guide that was lost and don't wear protective helment when ropeing down a unstable rock / ice wall when anybody could see material falling as they went? well if voteing people off the show is what they want then my suggestion is : get rid of Eric the geologist that has been biten by "STUPIDITY" in not preparing for this trip with topo mats of the terrain that has elevations marked (he said he didn't know the mnt.was so steep. and don't wear safty glass' while trying to chip out samples.going off his safty rope to try to look for samples in a icey cravas with rushing water. get rid of Americo. he has lots of energy but NO experience / common sense. :BangHead:
Gee- as a geologist I am embarrassed. I hope you do not think that all geologists climb around mountainous terrain wearing cowboy hats :BangHead:LOL

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee- as a geologist I am embarrassed. I hope you do not think that all geologists climb around mountainous terrain wearing cowboy hats :BangHead:LOL

Beanies with propellers would fit these guys better

index.jpg

oldsurfer

Feb 22, 2015
Florida West Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur, Whites Coinmaster Classic III (oldie!), Bounty Hunter Land Tracker, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still trying to figure out WHY they totally walked away from a million dollars worth of rubies a couple weeks ago! :BangHead:

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still trying to figure out WHY they totally walked away from a million dollars worth of rubies a couple weeks ago! :BangHead:
You didn't see them at the bar in iceland? Dude goes to get their permit, comes walking into the bar, dramatic music walks up and commercial break.

I say out loud "they lost the claim"

Commercials end the dude says they lost the claim. Driller dude flips out and walks out, I went back to doing something else.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread