Ice Cold Gold

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Well if you've been following this show you know that in two episodes they voted some men off the show because (their reasoning) these two men didn't fit into the type of prospecting they were doing............HMM? the why did they need 2 gemologists and two equipment operators? and why do they need guys that didn't know anything on prospecting or mountain climbing ,and WHY did they hire a "expert" mountain climber (Doug)guide that was lost and don't wear protective helment when ropeing down a unstable rock / ice wall when anybody could see material falling as they went? well if voteing people off the show is what they want then my suggestion is : get rid of Eric the geologist that has been biten by "STUPIDITY" in not preparing for this trip with topo mats of the terrain that has elevations marked (he said he didn't know the mnt.was so steep. and don't wear safty glass' while trying to chip out samples.going off his safty rope to try to look for samples in a icey cravas with rushing water. get rid of Americo. he has lots of energy but NO experience / common sense. :BangHead:

Upvote 0

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Original Gold Bug, Dahlke Dredges, LeTrap Sluice for clean-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was watching Eric look for gold in his pan with a loop, then they showed the photo of a pan with very visible gold. That photo looked exactly like the one from season 1. [FAKE]
If I need a loop to see gold, it's time to find another spot to dig!

This show is an embarrassment.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just for the record they" had" a great guide before and look above as Mad Jack ME told'm to shove it where the sun don't shine,so yes there "was" a guide. I haven't watched since Jack left as them junk industrial gems not worth squat and a zillion to recover to boot..John

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you look up Doug Stoup online he is a self described "professional athlete". (aka: trust fund baby)

On the other hand, I am a Master Maine Guide with 25 years experience in North Atlantic weather, and all facets of the Maine outdoors.

Also remember I have 36 years experience prospecting & mining, Chad has 25 years experience. So if a show actually wanted to do a show on recovering gold and/or gems . . . well you get the picture.

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good call Dave! Damn it, coffee everywhere.

Makes me wonder if the same production crew is filming both these shows.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahahaha goodn' one Dave as them clowns the Browns suckle on that annual Alaskan stipend and claim to be self sufficent. Yet another big pice a :censored: John

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The show has an interesting format but the one and only person that had any mining talent was Chat Watkins and they fired him because he was laid back and not full of drama.

I have auditioned 3 times for various mining reality shows but never been picked. I initially thought it was because I was lacking something but now I realize it was because I am too normal.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always turned'm down as don't want to be a clown, aka puppet on a string doing what I'm told as I've never done that. My bud Grubstake did a 5 minute trailer for them brits but never went anywhere,but was funny as all get out....John

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
NORMAL? what is normal in todays society? Dan you don't have ANYTHING to worry about!

Allow me to re-phrase...It's not that I am too normal, it's because I dont live my life in a bumbling clusterphuck of bad decisions and emotional breakdowns. I can make a plan and reach a goal and do it without throwing anyone under the bus...not what they want.

One of the production companies I interviewed with was planning a competition type show and the different groups would have different equipment. They asked me what I would do if I were given an excavator. I told them if you give me an excavator, I will win this thing, guaranteed. They seemed shocked at my boldness until I explained that volume of material moved is directly proportionate to gold recovered

Cassews

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett/White
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I guess I don't want to watch this show ya all are talking about .. Wait !! I don't watch any of those gold shows as I prospect with my hubs and friends. I do like Prospectors on the weather channel. I admire anyone who would prospect at that altitude for anything.

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cassews, I admire anyone who can even BREATH at those altitudes! LOL

Spent a few weeks at Chad Watkins west of Denver [9000'] and sucked wind every night!

A handful of us New Englanders are going to try to put a pilot together this summer, hopefully with a few special guests.
Stay tuned...

kevin1

Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They spend fifty minutes per episode sniping and whining at each other, and ten minutes prospecting. No thanks, I have some paint drying that I can watch instead. :tongue3:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I guess I don't want to watch this show ya all are talking about .. Wait !! I don't watch any of those gold shows as I prospect with my hubs and friends. I do like Prospectors on the weather channel. I admire anyone who would prospect at that altitude for anything.

only ones I do not like on Prospectors is Adkins & her husband.
She's always trying to add drama & has now pulled her husband into
following suit. I also hate the soap opera crap between the two also.
When I do watch it, I wanna see them looking for stones.
not listening to here accusing everyone she sees at a distance of claim jumping her claim . then she stands there yelling & Threatening people who are a mile or more away :( she'll say if they are curious they should come over & introduce themselves & in the next breath she says she dares them to come over
& her husband acting like rambo saying he needs to protect her by shooting people
who look at her sideways & find her special stones for her rings. sickening to me.
the "they are taking food from my children's mouths" is getting old too.
if she's that bad off she's an unfit mother wasting time up there.
so I try to ff through most of their talking these days.
the family with the backhoe are ok

Last edited:

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL You don't need helmets when your on a Set with someone above kicking Styrofoam stones at ya. :laughing7:

maybe over stated but
my point is I think there is allot of manufactured drama.

Running down the stones. all they needed to do if they lost balance was sit down.
Center gravity

I knew it, those Hollywood Fake pepples :laughing7:

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like the pump on the sluice in the fast flowing creek.... too dang funny.

Now come on, why making fun of hard rock placer mining , :laughing9: :evil6:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread