ID EDGE - Someone who had tried it?

R

rvbvetter

I've got the ID Excel and it's a nice machine.
The ID Edge is it's successor. And though I've never tried it, Fisher detectors are a well established and proven brand of detectors.
And you couldn't really go wrong with choosing that brand.
If you get no response here.
To ease your mind, I'm sure there's some reviews of that model, listed on various sites on the net you might want to read.
I know Kellyco Detectors and Metaldetectorreviews.net or .com has some. HH

scdetector

Feb 27, 2006
South Eastern,US
Detector(s) used
Fisher ID Excel, Tesoro Cibola, CZ-7A Pro
Hello me and my partner purchased our new detectors maybe a month ago, mines the excel, his is the edge. we were using cz7a pros decided to try the new fishers. i was surprised!! with my excel ive found a total of 188 coins no joke!! although 90% were newer coins with a average depth of 4 inches. for some reason the excel out performs the edge by a slight margin, ive used both and found coins in the path of the edge.i think the excel would be a good choice for the price. i enjoy mine i just wish it had the depth of the cz's. if you get either be sure to wrap your control box with plastic when hunting in sandy, dusty conditions some how particles find there way behind the led screen, i ve seen others with the same issue. good luck!

TomNWMI

Feb 5, 2006
NWMI
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Musketeer, Tek G2, Omega and a Fisher ID Edge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I could only have one Fisher...

it would be the Edge! Having put many hours on the 1236, CZ's, Coinstrike and 1270 in a lot of different conditions I can honestly say that Fisher got it right with the Edge. As far as the Excel vs Edge? No contest, the Edge is definitely the way to go.

Tom

OP
OP
R

rokj

Mar 12, 2006
Thanks!

At last I ended up with a DFX, and have done about 15 coins after 3 days with it...

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You could of had a 100 coins with a Fisher....HAHA ;D

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone heard of a "software upgrade" for the ID Excel that makes it a little more comparable to the ID Edge?

lms7652

May 19, 2006
I tried the edge and was not at all impressed with it. Depth, in my area was no better than the ace 250 I own. I liked all the features but the ace has more and is a whole lot less money.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread