Fisher 1270

Dec 19, 2005
I am new to the Relic hunting scene so I dont know a lot about the many different detectors. I have been doing some reading that helped and after that I made the decesion to buy a Fisher 1270 from a friend of mine. He says it is a great Detector and many of the articles and posts I have read on other sites say the same. I was wanting to get your all's opinion on it. Can you tell me what the positives are and what the negatives are about it? So far I have enjoyed it and it seems accurate. Thanks.

archmjr

Jan 24, 2005
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270X/Whites 6000 & 5900 Di Pro SL/CZ-6a
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a 1270 and a 1266. If the soil there isn't bad they can't be touched on depth.

Arch

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best part is that they're made well. I've been detectin hard with my 1266-X for 15 years and not a single repair. (And the first three years I had it, I was out every day for hours at a time!) The pot on the trigger switch is a little loose, that's all. Oh, and the batteries last forever in Fishers. Nice purchase, and good luck.

Buckleboy

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with your 1270 Fisher. It is a good detector and you will be happy with it.

If you ever do need repair, let all of us here know how Fisher treats you.

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Twinkle Musically Delicious Christmas Candy BuckleToes said:
The best part is that they're made well. I've been detectin hard with my 1266-X for 15 years and not a single repair. (And the first three years I had it, I was out every day for hours at a time!) The pot on the trigger switch is a little loose, that's all. Oh, and the batteries last forever in Fishers. Nice purchase, and good luck.

Buckleboy

Dude I can fix your pot. A blow torch, hammer, and some duct tape should do the trick! Let me know if I can help!!!

KFB

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Can the 1270 be hip mount like the 1236 ?
RD

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the 1270 looks sort of comparible with the tesoro tejon now the question is would the 1270 match tesoro for depth and do you think you could do as well in seeking the and depth of a f-75 as well?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread