What's new

ID for some buttons ? Solved,, thank you

Dave44

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2006
Messages
4,874
Reaction score
2,212
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what do you think?
 

Attachments

  • P1000971.webp
    P1000971.webp
    22.4 KB · Views: 209
  • P1000972.webp
    P1000972.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 166
  • P1000973.webp
    P1000973.webp
    14.8 KB · Views: 196
Re: ID for some buttons ?

I think I need to know where these were dug. What else is on the button back besides "Best Quality?"

The backmark will tell you how old the button is. My guess are English hunting/blazer buttons.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
Re: ID for some buttons ?

BioProfessor said:
I think I need to know where these were dug. What else is on the button back besides "Best Quality?"

The backmark will tell you how old the button is. My guess are English hunting/blazer buttons.

Daryl

It probably says "Plated" "Best Quality"
 
Upvote 0
Re: ID for some buttons ?

What else is on the button back besides "Best Quality? i think i see .....
Warranted Best Quality
 
Upvote 0
Re: ID for some buttons ?

Mike in Berks said:
What else is on the button back besides "Best Quality? i think i see .....
Warranted Best Quality
That is indeed what it says. I have found a 1773 half penny here, but it is Va, the other has no backmark that i could determine.
 
Upvote 0
Re: ID for some buttons ?

BioProfessor said:
I think I need to know where these were dug. What else is on the button back besides "Best Quality?"

The backmark will tell you how old the button is. My guess are English hunting/blazer buttons.

Daryl

Agreed the top one is an 1850s-60s Hunts Button. The other one although 1 piece I believe to be civilian late 1800s.
 
Upvote 0
Re: ID for some buttons ?

Thank You All
 
Upvote 0
Re: ID for some buttons ?

I like finding buttons better than coins sometimes..More personal or i really dont know why :dontknow:
I have never got a hunter or game button in R.I. :'(
Nice finds keep hittin that spot.. :headbang:



Blaze...
 
Upvote 0
Re: ID for some buttons ?

BioProfessor said:
My guess are English hunting/blazer buttons.

Daryl
yep 19th century hunting buttons. Here are 2 others same style.

button hunting.webp button hunting2.webp
 
Upvote 0
Re: ID for some buttons ?

Sweet buttons Big,, ok, so if you all feel good then I will mark it done! Thanks for the Id.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom