ID Help Needed - Navy Button & Name Plate

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I just got back from Florida Hunt 6... and it got me back into wanting to get out & detect again, which I've only been sporadic in doing over the years. Since I had a little down time this afternoon, I went back to detecting the front yard of my house (built in 1958). Since living here, I've found a lot of beaver-style pull tabs and other misc. trash.

The only moderately interesting things I've found to date has been a broken brass or copper harmonica reed, a little silver & turquoise ring (child size), lots of post-69 coins, wheaties, and a quarter size Ford commemorative coin (circa 1960's) with a Model T on the obverse.

Today, however, I pulled up a lot more trash... but then I found this (I assumed) Navy button with an anchor & rope that's about the size of a dime and I think made of aluminum or pewter, because it's very lite. And then a couple feet away I found a name tag that was almost broken in half. The back still has one pin shaft still left on one side. The name says "CHUMS" and a decorative rope around the top. The bottom is too badly eroded to tell how tall it was.

If anyone might be able to ID them or point me in the right direction, I'd be greatly appreciative! Thanks!

Bran <>< 20200209_182912.jpg 20200209_184645.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions