ID Help

JoeMoto

Jan 3, 2006
Oklahoma
Found this at an old homesite quite some time ago, and I've always wondered what type it was and the date range. The site had a house from the late 1800's or early 1900's that had been bulldozed before we got there. I also found an OK tax token in the same pile of dirt.

There is supposed to have been a trading post in the immediate area from the early 1800's as well.

It's about 9/16" in diameter.

Attachments

• marble.jpg
    marble.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 266

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
I'd like to know what is it,too..

Because I'm holding in my hand right now a dug-duplicate of it except that mine's mint green background and swirl composed of reddish adventurine. I'd date mine to circa 1930s. I love marbles like this because they look just like candy.

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
if theres one flat seam....its christensen...is there any flame tips on it???if that marble was mint it would be worth a a purty good chunk of change....if no seam then alley from wv....nice find either way

OP
OP
JoeMoto

JoeMoto

Jan 3, 2006
Oklahoma
duffytrash said:
if theres one flat seam....its christensen...is there any flame tips on it???if that marble was mint it would be worth a a purty good chunk of change....if no seam then alley from wv....nice find either way

I don't see any seams on it. There is a small chip or two out of it, like it was hit while being played with. Not sure what a flame tip is. Can you date it?

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
imagine a paint job on a 57 chevy....it should resemble that.....to be flames....if no cut lines---[seams] prob ravenswood...or alley from the 30s-40s....condition ruins the value.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread