What's new

ID help

outlawatheart

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
815
Reaction score
874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum
View attachment 916266View attachment 916267 DSC00046.webp Would like to know what type these are, I posted the white one before. The new one was found in the same area. They both have that double wing thing going on.
 
Upvote 0
Is the base broken off the second one and is there any light base grinding on the other, and where did they come from.
 
The first one appears to be an "Evans" late archaic to woodland. The second could have been a salvaged point that broke at the base and was rehafted, need better picture of base. Nice finds.
 
This is JMO. This one is hard to ID, I don't think it is a Evans it looks more like a Sinner point, they both are the same time period, but the problem with both types are they are La. points mostly, I will do some more research and get back to you on this one.
 
"Evans" point distribution can extend into the midwest, although I don`t know how common they are.
 
I agree all points go out into much wider ranges, and this is JMO look at photos Evans at the top, Sinner in the middle. That's why I say Sinner, but it could be neither one who knows, only the man that made them and I bet he did not call them nothing but something to get supper with.View attachment 916753
 
It does look right MR...THNX.
I agree all points go out into much wider ranges, and this is JMO look at photos Evans at the top, Sinner in the middle. That's why I say Sinner, but it could be neither one who knows, only the man that made them and I bet he did not call them nothing but something to get supper with.View attachment 916753
 
Is the bottom row of points the same type as the other 2 rows? In the example pic MR?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom