What's new

ID needed on this buckle

Ripcon

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2016
Messages
725
Reaction score
1,246
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this brass buckle in a Vicksburg campaign site area. I put a penny beside it for scale (the wife misplaced my measuring tape!).
I've posted front and back photos. Any ideas if this was a belt buckle or an equestrian buckle or some other buckle device? Thanks for any assistance.

buckle1.webp
buckle back.webp
 
looks like a sash buckle to me.
 
Upvote 0
Nice relic looks like a belt guide
 
Upvote 0
I just saw a picture and discovered that this buckle is actually a WWI Mackinaw coat buckle.
 
Upvote 0
There you go awesome ID and find congrats
 
Upvote 0
Nice find and relic. Congrat's.
 
Upvote 0
Slide adjuster.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for everyone's assistance!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom