What's new

ID Needed

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Messages
10,082
Reaction score
17,067
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Cheese!

I found some marbles on Sunday’s Hunt. Any ID assistance it most appreciated.

I suspect that the yellow and green are Chinese checkers marbles. The bigger one is clear with a little white strip. The other is the one i hope is older, it’s clear dark green, with white opaque strip all around it.

E050413B-3754-4BC3-8A87-13D5F0179198.webp982330C6-D7E5-4A6F-9C23-0911968CB182.webp

Thanks and good luck.
 
Just a guess being I shot a lot and lost a lot back in my teens, The yellow and green mid 50's. The shooter, I can only guess mid 60's. I found one Yesterday that is newer than those at a 60's house that was torn down. Nice find.Congrats
Side note: The Cat Eye is probably mid 60's also.
 
I agree with you on the chinese checkers marbles. Not much of a way to date those, could be from 100 years old to modern.
The one with the white strip... it's too hard to tell much or see any traits in the cut lines to make an ID.
The green and white one is probably an Alox swirl from the 40s.
You sure are finding a lot of them! That's cool!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom