What's new

Id opinions or help please...

dbag1969

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2013
Messages
92
Reaction score
54
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found in a small creek in SE Iowa.......? jason's phond 063.webpjason's phond 059.webpjason's phond 061.webp
 
Upvote 0
Looks like an Osceola and a darn nice one. I have about 4 that are nearly identical. Often times they get a little asymmetrical from resharpening. They are dated to the middle to late Archaic period. At a site in Muscatine County, Iowa they were found in association with 1/2 grooved axes and dated to about 5500 BP. Most of the time when you find those type points in fields you'll find axes with them.

Hippy
 
Thanks Hippy...I think I'll need to walk farther up that creek and see what else I can find.
 
How long is that beauty?
1" x 2 3/4 " x 1/4" at the base. It looks and feels fragile and I was amazed to find it in one piece standing on edge nestled between some other rocks in a very shallow creek.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom