What's new

id please

Red Earth

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2013
Messages
399
Reaction score
328
Golden Thread
0
Anyone seen something like this. It might be natural but maybe not. Its completely flat on one side. A child's bouncy ball could fit in the hole. Lol. Just for size reference
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20130924_071240.webp
    ForumRunner_20130924_071240.webp
    10 KB · Views: 137
  • ForumRunner_20130924_071249.webp
    ForumRunner_20130924_071249.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 114
  • ForumRunner_20130924_071300.webp
    ForumRunner_20130924_071300.webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 106
  • ForumRunner_20130924_071320.webp
    ForumRunner_20130924_071320.webp
    11.9 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 0
is that the cleanest you can get the center? Looks like dirt is in it. Cant see if there is any grinding or is that the natural stone inside?
 
Natural. I thought I saw grinding lines in it. But staring at your artifacts can start to play tricks on you. Maybe convince yourself you see something that's not there
 
Are those peck marks around the hole? It looks like it in the first pic. If so then it's what is referred to as a Nutting Stone.
 
I'm not sure that this is a nutting stone. I enlarged the last pic and noticed a spot that is odd.

image-4193501377.webp

Look at my bottom arrow. The piece is smooth an kinda sticks out. My top arrow shows breakage. Odd find.
 
I wasn't sure. I almost tossed it back
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom