What's new

ID Request

Cantstopdigging

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2016
Messages
634
Reaction score
2,189
Golden Thread
0
Location
NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Forum,

I found this item yesterday deep in the woods. I have found many items in this area that date back to the 1800’s. I have been digging now for many years, but have never found anything similar to this. Does anyone recognize this? Gun related early homestead related? Thanks for looking.
19D15C92-1294-4673-ABCB-5147AC4FFAB8.webpAA47E321-494C-4D6E-9596-F3C799E0949C.webp95B20902-AB50-4C3B-A1E5-8E531535EE2C.webp
 
Brass? 7 - 8 inches long?

The first pic seems to show significant wear throughout the middle portion of the rod. Or is that an optical illusion?

Pic 3 showing damage/wear/threads? :dontknow:

Does the hole go all the way through?
 
Upvote 0
Hello Matt,

I held a magnet up to it, and it didn’t stick. It’s heavy, like lead or pewter. I took a couple more pics. As for the wear, I think I did scrape it with my shovel. Thanks for looking.318D46D0-D3EE-4F73-9716-6E5B4B2881D8.webp8C7C64BB-E13F-4CC8-A27E-C984887BDB10.webp
 
Upvote 0
Maybe an anode rod of some kind...
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
9
Views
726
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Spur ID
Replies
8
Views
752

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom