intensecrasher
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Apr 6, 2014
- Messages
- 258
- Reaction score
- 247
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- California
- Detector(s) used
- Ground-penetrating radar...LOL
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
Upvote
0
I mean no offense by this, but I'm assuming these aren't personal finds of yours? I say this only because they appear to be less-than-ancient.
No offense taken. These came from a family member. I am a collector and have many many artifacts but most all of mine are from the Mississippian period. Scrapers, triangle points and the like. I was told that these were found in the Texas Oklahoma area. Not positive about that. I did use a flash when I took the pictures. Why do they look modern to you? Just wondering because they do not appear to have modern qualities when viewed in person.
I honestly wouldn't just toss them by the wayside or let them get damaged. Modern or not, they can be a very important educational tool. If you're ever
around Northwest Arkansas, drop by and I'll be happy to go over some points with you and discuss some of the things to look for.
Neanderthal is right about the points shown. I don't mean to say your items are fakes but they look almost to good. JMO the last two look has if they were made with a copper billet instead of antler, the new style of tools leave a very slight different flake pattern . They are still very nice points , I would not give them to my kids to play with, like Neanderthal said keep them to compare to stuff you know is real, the difference will jump out at you, when you learn to look at everything about a point.