Oldrvrrat57

Jan 2, 2022
Illinois
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 and XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bifurcated base point, that's about all I can tell you, pretty rare here in Illinois

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
That’s a good point. Might be Horsecreek chert by the colors. Hopefully someone will come by that’s from your state and will know the type. Most states have their own names for points but not always.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ve been watching YouTube videos from “ditch Walker” from MS. I don’t know the source of their flint but most of it is very colorful and most looks like it was heated.

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I’ve been watching YouTube videos from “ditch Walker” from MS. I don’t know the source of their flint but most of it is very colorful and most looks like it was heated.
I watch him too. Sometimes you just have to wonder about all those finds but it’s still entertaining to watch

OP
OP
P

Patton Hudson

Apr 23, 2024
I watch him too. Sometimes you just have to wonder about all those finds but it’s still entertaining to watch
theditchwalker actually lives here in my area. He told me kinda where to look. He gives some great advice. I found this point on my first creek walk ever and then 2 broken points the day after. The guy knows his stuff

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
theditchwalker actually lives here in my area. He told me kinda where to look. He gives some great advice. I found this point on my first creek walk ever and then 2 broken points the day after. The guy knows his stuff
Zach Byrd is in my area. I haven’t met him in person yet but have met his 2 sidekicks. He hunts in my area

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
All joking aside and chat. I just looked it up and I would assume it is a variant of this type. There a few different names but probably still this type. You can read the description and it looks to be a little old.

Attachments

• IMG_3708.jpeg
    IMG_3708.jpeg
    385.6 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
P

Patton Hudson

Apr 23, 2024
All joking aside and chat. I just looked it up and I would assume it is a variant of this type. There a few different names but probably still this type. You can read the description and it looks to be a little old.
That’s what I was kinda hoping it was. Would be pretty cool for it to possibly be a late paleo era point but who knows. From what I’m seeing there are many different points like this that look very similar

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
That’s what I was kinda hoping it was. Would be pretty cool for it to possibly be a late paleo era point but who knows. From what I’m seeing there are many different points like this that look very similar
Probably the classic form would be my guess

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread